DAL and AirlineApps

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi.

jetjam619: I have been discriminated against, too on a number of occasions (and so has my CEO). All you can do is move on and keep trying. I know it is not the easiest thing to do right now, but if you can do it it will be the best option. Dwelling on the negatives helps no one, but especially not yourself!

Good luck and God Bless!

cliff
LFW
So, he has now been discriminated against? You too sound bitter and like to play the blame game. Do a Google for "SNL and Blame Game." Like getting angry at the guy driving the Benz. Didn't our parents used to tell us, "Worry about your self and not others and you'll be much happier in life.

Greetings. I did a DMV search when I applied and it showed no tickets. During the interview I was asked about tickets and I said that I had violations years ago and none show on my records now. I think the record went back 5 yrs or so. Anyway they seemed to be satisfied with that answer.

Good luck

that didn't work for me... they wanted them listed back to the day I got my DL at 16.

She has her Bachelor in AVIATION TECHNOLOGY, no failed checkrides, not fromWestern Michigan, NO type ratings......OHH THAT'S RIGHT ,SHE'S A GIRL.....
......HIRE HER....Flown with her many times and she's deathly afraid of xwind landings......Nevermind that ,SHE'S A GIRL.......

In the group I was with 2 years ago... 8 total, 5 mil, 3 civil..... 4 of the 5 mil hired (the one that wasn't was quite over weight and flew at B6), then of the 3 of us civil types, only the Gal was hired.. most of her time was in a Caravan flying missionary work in Africa. Her Uncle was a senior mechanic there as I recall... myself and the other civil guy were far more qualified. I was 5 types, 6K TT, BS in Finance and no failed rides.... he was 10K, CRJ Captain at ASA and no failed rides since he was on the E120 as a new hire in '99.

She was obviously hired to fill a quota slot.

She has her Bachelor in AVIATION TECHNOLOGY, no failed checkrides, not fromWestern Michigan, NO type ratings......OHH THAT'S RIGHT ,SHE'S A GIRL.....
......HIRE HER....Flown with her many times and she's deathly afraid of xwind landings......Nevermind that ,SHE'S A GIRL.......

Well if there is an issue it will be identified. Fact is that this interview and testing is not easy and she passed. Hate to say it but let it go. You look petty.

All the goodies, recs, etc do is get you to the door, you yourself need to go in and get the job.

Hi!

...then of the 3 of us civil types, only the Gal was hired.. most of her time was in a Caravan flying missionary work in Africa. Her Uncle was a senior mechanic there as I recall... myself and the other civil guy were far more qualified. I was 5 types, 6K TT, BS in Finance and no failed rides.... he was 10K, CRJ Captain at ASA and no failed rides since he was on the E120 as a new hire in '99.

She was obviously hired to fill a quota slot.

It is NOT obvious she was hired to fill a quota. Overall, she may have been a more suitable candidate...you cannot tell, only the people running the interivew that day and/or the people who made the hiring selection process at that time can tell.

DAL, like almost every other company on earth, looks at a multitude of factors when hiring a new employee. The DAL people are human, so sometimes their process is flawed, and sometimes they screw up. BUT, it's their process, and I'm sure the people working in the process are doing the best they can.
She could have been hired because she was, OVERALL, THE best qualified candidate in the whole group.

cliff
LFW

Last edited:

With your attitude I hope you enjoy your current job... And I feel sorry for anyone who has to sit beside you on a 4 day.

With your attitude I hope you enjoy your current job... And I feel sorry for anyone who has to sit beside you on a 4 day.
Beaver.....YOU dont know me so ur post is worthless......I do 2days, and a GREAT captain to fly with...treat everyone with respect.....I just thought DAL hired the BEST, QUALIFIED candidates , I guess I was wrong.

Yep, and the new ones strive to be everyone's "favorite" Captain. As one progresses in their leadership as a Captain, they realize that being the "favorite" is not the goal to strive for. Being an effective leader that listens to criticism, as well as input is where one should strive to be.

Yep, and the new ones strive to be everyone's "favorite" Captain. As one progresses in their leadership as a Captain, they realize that being the "favorite" is not the goal to strive for. Being an effective leader that listens to criticism, as well as input is where one should strive to be.

Ding Ding...Chicken Dinner!!!

Latest resources

Back