• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal ae

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you think they will not hire a bulk of guys to damper this you are crazy. Even before they stopped hiring you would hear them joke about hiring 300 guys at once to get around the flow.
Just conjure but it is a way around it....

Great!! :)

A question I've been meaning to ask...

So now that the super-AE has come out, and the major shuffling in categories revealed; coupled with a minor recovery in stock market values, how many crusty old salts do you think might call it quits to avoid a commute or learning a new aircraft?

A question I've been meaning to ask...

So now that the super-AE has come out, and the major shuffling in categories revealed; coupled with a minor recovery in stock market values, how many crusty old salts do you think might call it quits to avoid a commute or learning a new aircraft?

Well swe still have a lot of the Early out guys that havent been LET go. They were forced to stay till this year. I had a -400 CA on the jumpseat the other day that said he wanted to leave by the end of 2009 but the company told him he couldnt until Feb. Once all the early outs are gone my guess is the retirements will start after this summer. We're 2 years into age 65 change so the industry should start seeing guys punch out the closer to 62.5 they get.

flowback is not mandatory.... the pilot can elect to not flow back
CP is ALPA. They now have their own MEC.

Well... getting our own MEC. We won't have the wheels knocked off the double-wide until March 1.

Schwanker, good post.

Fact is... the DC-9's are going to be gone one day in the next two years - how fast did it take to get rid of the 747-200? Once the training plan is finished for the current bid then the -9's will be gone. RJ's will takeover, whether on DL's list, or someone else's (not Mesa's of course). These RJ's will be in the form of EMB-190's and 170's, which should be on DL's property anyway. Ask yourself how big the entry level aircraft was for the most senior captains at Delta when they started? Then ask yourself why the 170 and 190 are not on DL's payscale!

Actually the 190/195 is on our current payscale along with the Crj-900.

Emb-195
Newhire F/O pay:54.17 5yr:76.86 12yr: 86.45
CAPT 5yr:119.90 12yr: 126.57

Crj-900/Emb-190
newhire F/O pay: 54.17 5yr:65.38 12yr:73.54
Capt 5yr:102.00 12yr: 107.67

If you guys flow BACK, are you protected by the same union group within ALPA? If not, is flowback MANDATORY?

The flowback pilots would have union support/representation at mainline, just as your typical furloughee. During the last furlough, this flowback agreement was created specifically to provide jobs to the furloughed pilots they represented. They would also be represented by the ALPA structure at the regional carrier (Meseba/Compass).

No, flowback is not mandatory/required. Just a job to "flowback" to if you are looking for work while getting kicked to the curb.

Schwanker

I know it has been said but the the training order is ae, vd then md correct?

Where do Reinstatements fall into this? I'm going back to the 320 but figured they'd keep me on the Dc9 till the end of the summer.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back