Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Current and correct Flight Options rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We get the per diem and we buy whatever we want on the company card for Breakfast, lunch or dinner. There is no set limit and no questions asked.
Plus you expense the tip.

If you want steak and lobster every night for dinner go for it. I know guys that go to subway for a $5 sandwich and other who spend $70 per night on lobster.
I have heard of $300 sushi dinners charged.

One of the rules is no snacks, so I can't buy a bag of chips but I can instead buy caviar with dinner. ;)
My max was $75 on a very good steak dinner.

Just no booze on the card.

Last edited:
That is a pretty good deal. I know it don't make up for a lot of other things, but pretty good anyway. Thank you for answering the question.

That is a pretty good deal. I know it don't make up for a lot of other things, but pretty good anyway. Thank you for answering the question.

That was right from Kenn Ricci who put that policy in place. He explains why in his book.
In short he would rather have a pissed off pilot who had a long hard day charge $100 for a dinner rather then ground an aircraft for a BS reason to get back at the company.

Last edited:
It is a nice system. If you are flying through dinner, you need to request a crew dinner if you won't have time to get one. Breakfast and lunch are ordered by default.

I trust you will be shown a lot of love in the beginning with small goodwill changes like domiciles, meal policies, and small things like that. That's what happened to us back in 08. But when things didn't go the way they were hoping, they took our 401k away from us.

Did they take away the 401k or the match? I've heard other guys say "took away the 401k" too.

They still have a 401k but took away the 6% match. The LAS mechanics got it right back when they changed over to constance aviation.

What they took away in the match is double what we would spend average on meals..so once again Ken wins..Ken always wins. He will tell you he's giving you something but then he takes away two things. So in reality you end up with less..He a master at it and there are plenty of idiots that work at flops that he's been fooling for years with that trick..They think there getting something. Not losing..

organizing

for all you flex pilots my heart goes out to you for the recent transaction that took place. this is the honest truth from a travel air pilot that has seen the demise of a proud and noble profession to being reduced to fighting against an immoral and profit driven greed machine. after 14 years of accident and incident free service i go to work on a weekly basis and have to go to battle with uneducated schedulers and fight for adequate rest periods. this has taken a toll on my physical health as well as my emotional well being. I now go to work with the intention of returning home safely to my family with no certificate actions imposed upon me due to being overworked. it is unfortunate to find yourselves in the situation you are currently facing. i can tell you in 14 years of service that ricci has contributed 16k in company matching funds towarhds my 401k. that equates to a little over 100 bucks a month for safely flying the top1
percent wealthiest people around. do not be fooled being sold to kenn is like being forced to dance with the devil. do us all a favor and organize now. there is nothing classy about the teamsters period as another poster insinuated. I can ensure you kenn ricci has less class than them. that is the sad state of affairs you find yourselves in. btw the dust hasn't settled yet on Ricci's little shell game and the grand screwing of flops pilots yet!

for all you flex pilots my heart goes out to you for the recent transaction that took place. this is the honest truth from a travel air pilot that has seen the demise of a proud and noble profession to being reduced to fighting against an immoral and profit driven greed machine. after 14 years of accident and incident free service i go to work on a weekly basis and have to go to battle with uneducated schedulers and fight for adequate rest periods. this has taken a toll on my physical health as well as my emotional well being. I now go to work with the intention of returning home safely to my family with no certificate actions imposed upon me due to being overworked. it is unfortunate to find yourselves in the situation you are currently facing. i can tell you in 14 years of service that ricci has contributed 16k in company matching funds towarhds my 401k. that equates to a little over 100 bucks a month for safely flying the top1
percent wealthiest people around. do not be fooled being sold to kenn is like being forced to dance with the devil. do us all a favor and organize now. there is nothing classy about the teamsters period as another poster insinuated. I can ensure you kenn ricci has less class than them. that is the sad state of affairs you find yourselves in. btw the dust hasn't settled yet on Ricci's little shell game and the grand screwing of flops pilots yet!

Good lord...why do you continue to do it? At UAL, delta, SWA, you make 100K year 2 and the company match is $15,000. Sounds like the only way to get what you deserve is to split. 10 years from now and your company match will be 5%. The wealthy only get that way if you let them abuse you.

Wow all this from a momma's boy who happenened to be at the right place and the right time? I was trying to have a frank conversation with the flex pilots and what there future looks like under Ricci control. My guess after reading your last three posts is that you wouldn't survive a minute without your mammas breast out of your mouth. Glad you landed the big one with netjets. The rest of us are fighting just to stay afloat. My guess is you would still be flight instructing if you weren't where u are now. I guess you slipped through that holy laden condom just like your moniker on hiring day at netjets? Prove me wrong!

Latest resources

Back