Cox Communications

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spooky 1 said:
Well I haven't flown with any of them and only know one of the pilots. His background prior to joining Cox was a G1V and GV instructor at FSI. BTW, if any FSI/Simuflite instructor ever talked about me behind my back to another customer pilot I would kick that f%#*ker in the balls and march right over to the other training provider. I am tempted to send this string to the CP at Cox and see what his reaction is. I assume that this individual is the same Coastie that was previously mentioned and the guy I know is ex Air Force, World Airways, FSI, so I think he has had the benefit of some pretty good experience. I can't help but wonder where TCE's would get off by bad moulthing customers in front of other customers, assuming that this is what actually happened. Maybe just more BS that is so common on this site. PS since it appears that you fly a G1V and they fly a GV, how did it happen that you were paired together for this sim ride?

Wow! Kinda sensitive. I wouldn't worry too much, unless you have something to hide. I know it's kind of hard to ascertain what is real and what is not on this site, but I can tell you this: The instructor had no axe to grind with this or the other Cox pilots. He was just trying to explain why he was all over the place in the sim.

And yes, it was the GV, and, no, Ace is not my real name.

Ace

I find your type so disturbing that yes I will send this string over to the CP at Cox later this am. I'll let you guys sort it out since you are the one who posted it in the first place.

I suppose there are issues sometimes when two pilots show up at a training vendor from different operations. While in a perfect world these to pilots would look identical having gone through the same training process and using the same manuals, but in the real world there will be small nuances that can create that unbalanced look and feel to a check ride or recurrent training sim. Certainly this is one of the weak points regarding FSI/Simuflite training programs. I don't say it is all bad, but you certainly miss the opportunity to work with your fellow crewmembers in a more realistic CRM profile. (IMHO)!

I have little training experience at either Simuflite or FSI, but the story around our operation is that you have to be doing extremely poor before you will get a bust or retake of any sort. Is this true? I guess when you are a "customer" it is a little harder to look the guy in the eye and say, sorry but we will have to do that on another day. Kinda screws up the sim schedules I imagine.

I would have to reiderate that for a vendor instructor to besmirch a customer pilot behind his back and in this case cast disperrsions on the whole flight department is without a doubt a completely classless act of stupidy. Not sure who you work for, but I bet that something like this directed at your department would make you mad as hell?

BTW, are you also qualified on the GV? If so congrats. If not WTF were you doing in the sim during a training period with another customer? Maybe just a FAGO, but still seems out of line.

Last edited:
Thank you mxflyer! I guess some folks on this board are a little insecure and feel that bashing others some how enhances their own qualifications. Insecurity is a terrible personality trait that manifests itself in curious ways.

I have had a few sim checks that I would not want shown to the world and hopefully I learned something from my mistakes in the process. I seldom questioned the integrety of the instructors and hopefully they did not share my mistakes during the next sim period with others. I have done rides with other pilots who during all the training leading up to the checkride, out flew me, out thought me and were IMO, outstanding airman, only to do something stupid on the check its self and in turn fail the ride. I felt almost as bad as they did when this happened because it could have just as easily been me.

For a period of time in my past all of my prof.checks, and rating rides were observed by the FAA. The pressure was greater for both myself and the sim instructor (APD), and yes it was not always pretty, (well maybe a couple of them were), but none the less I have never worried that anything that happened during these pereiods was the going to be the topic of discussion on the internet.

Last edited:
Spooky 1 said:
I find your type so disturbing that yes I will send this string over to the CP at Cox later this am. I'll let you guys sort it out since you are the one who posted it in the first place.

I suppose there are issues sometimes when two pilots show up at a training vendor from different operations. While in a perfect world these to pilots would look identical having gone through the same training process and using the same manuals, but in the real world there will be small nuances that can create that unbalanced look and feel to a check ride or recurrent training sim. Certainly this is one of the weak points regarding FSI/Simuflite training programs. I don't say it is all bad, but you certainly miss the opportunity to work with your fellow crewmembers in a more realistic CRM profile. (IMHO)!

I have little training experience at either Simuflite or FSI, but the story around our operation is that you have to be doing extremely poor before you will get a bust or retake of any sort. Is this true? I guess when you are a "customer" it is a little harder to look the guy in the eye and say, sorry but we will have to do that on another day. Kinda screws up the sim schedules I imagine.

I would have to reiderate that for a vendor instructor to besmirch a customer pilot behind his back and in this case cast disperrsions on the whole flight department is without a doubt a completely classless act of stupidy. Not sure who you work for, but I bet that something like this directed at your department would make you mad as hell?

BTW, are you also qualified on the GV? If so congrats. If not WTF were you doing in the sim during a training period with another customer? Maybe just a FAGO, but still seems out of line.

Spooky, you are way wound up. I never said anything about this pilot's abilities. I mearly was trying to address the question about the flight department. That is why people ask on this board. Since I have first hand experience, I thought it best to answer. The instructor addressed the pilot directly, not behind his back, and later told me that other Cox pilots have similar comments about the operation.

Sorry to hear you don't sim train at FSI or Simuflite, it really makes us safer.

And, yes, GV typed for quite some time (one of the first, but nothing near my pal GVflyer), thanks for asking.

Try not to jump all over people for posting information that is possibly valuable to someone considering a position, these boards should be about frank, honest dialogs.

Ace

Well, if you ask any aviation professional based at the FTY airport (where Cox is based), I believe that they will tell you that it is one of the best jobs on the field.

That is what I am telling you!

Wow

mxflyer said:
you chose the airline route....you live with it and stay out corporate. You airline guys dont have a chance in the corporate world. I hear car max is looking for some peanut breath, always complaining, whinny little boys to help sell cars.

Dude, stupid quotes like that make us all look bad. How in the heck could you say that to someone trying to feed their family. BTY cant help but notice the shorts 360 on your quals... looks airline to me.

Cox has a V, IV, (2) 800XP's and a King air 200 at FTY. Brand new facitlity as well.

400A

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxflyer
you chose the airline route....you live with it and stay out corporate. You airline guys dont have a chance in the corporate world. I hear car max is looking for some peanut breath, always complaining, whinny little boys to help sell cars.

I came to corp. flying from the airlines and got the job over SEVERAL current corp guys because their attitude stunk. I know too many corp guys that B1tch about schedules way more than the average airline jocky. Most airline guys would do well finding a good corp job with their work ethic and professional attitude. Guys like mxflyer complain about a three day trip flying just a couple of legs. Not bad work, but people like mxflyer obviously haven't experienced the hell that airline flying is.

blzr said:
Quote:
I came to corp. flying from the airlines and got the job over SEVERAL current corp guys because their attitude stunk. I know too many corp guys that B1tch about schedules way more than the average airline jocky. Most airline guys would do well finding a good corp job with their work ethic and professional attitude. Guys like mxflyer complain about a three day trip flying just a couple of legs. Not bad work, but people like mxflyer obviously haven't experienced the hell that airline flying is.

Couldn't agree more. MXflyer sounds scared. These airline guys are used to 'show up, shut up and fly'. Many corp guys make a WHOLE lot more out of their job, like complaining about their jobs, gossiping and trying to make every leg a testament to their skills (egos). I work with 2 ex-airline guys and they're GREAT. They're happy to be flying great people in great planes and they get to actually SIT in Hawaii or Paris for a couple of days at a time (and get paid well for it). I was private all the way, but I'd fly with any hard working ex-airline pilot they throw at me.

Ace

Latest resources

Back