Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental Pilots Offering 70-seat Scope?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AHHHH, this is some great stuff? I don't know, but this guy sounds convincing. I can't wait for the conclusion!!

To reiterate...XJT is hiring, yet we've been extremely short staffed this year. 200% pay for open time pick-up has been the norm for over a month as well as vacation buy-back program. This past month we had a huge number of cancellations for lack of crews.....so no, there is no secret aircraft order.

Every rep I spoke to knows the importance of scope. UAL knows the lessons of scope better than anyone. Just look at the "Whiteford" terminal at the south end of the C concourse in ORD. Rj's where UNITED 737's (and real career positions) used to be.

As for the bunk that senior guys won't care, you forget scope attacks include the wide body (joint venture) aspect as well. This isn't a junior/senior, pay issue. This affects ALL pilots on the list.

Scope retention or a it's NO vote! It's just that simple.

Just wait til this summer in ORD. Rumor has it that RJ's will occupy at least 10 more B and C gates. Talk about another stupd move by management to rally the troops even more. Tick tick tick.......

Just wait til this summer in ORD. Rumor has it that RJ's will occupy at least 10 more B and C gates. Talk about another stupd move by management to rally the troops even more. Tick tick tick.......

Sounds like current management. Ready, Fire, Aim!

Just like selling 70 seat RJ code share out CAL hubs thinking they could ram down the throats of the pilots. IF they continue this current trajectory with the pilots, there may be a LOT of open gates all over the world.

76 seat scope relief coming to Unical......I am still convinced that Smisek will play some Retirement/Pension and F/O payraise curveball that'll get a TA to pass. I hope I'm wrong, I don't want to be at XJT for another 7 yrs but when it comes to the Senior guys eating the young the track record is bad.
You have to admit that. I hope you guys stand strong but I doubt you'll get past the senior guys' greed.

Most UA guys already know that more RJs = many wll lose their jobs and seniority (as they saw with their 737s)..
1/3 of CAL are mostly young guys who came from the commuters.. i highly doubt they'd agree to scope release just to be in a risk of going back where they just came from..
So that alone is more than half of the UA-CAL pilot group that opposes bigger RJs..
Time will tell, but knowing our new Jeff Lorenzo he will definitelly try all his dirty trics and piss people off, driving morale and productivity to the lows before he gives in. He doesn't seem to mind trying even it if means looking stupid in the end- like the example with the 70 seaters in CAL hubs.. ya that woked out very well for him (and he became a laughing stock for a week after the arbitration was won for the pilots).

I'm hearing from some people on the United side of the negotiating table that the pilots have already offered 70-seat scope limits at new United and they're now negotiating the possibility of higher limits.

Please, please, please tell me ALPA isn't throwing away more scope at a time when they finally have the power to hold the line! If I wasn't told by someone at the table I wouldn't believe it, but this guys just too close to be speculating.

Please identify who "some people" are? Because I am hearing from "some people" that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm at 12 years seniority at Continental... and I'm ready to walk out over ANY relaxation of scope.

Bring it.

Latest resources

Back