Continental Class Date

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SlapShot

It is my understanding that when you are invited for an interview with CAL, they have a specific class date in mind for you to attend. Has anyone tried to postpone their class date? If so, how long?

Hurry up and get your questions and answers in, as this thread will undoubtadly turn into a sling fest between Pocono Pilot and various others!

It is my understanding that when you are invited for an interview with CAL, they have a specific class date in mind for you to attend. Has anyone tried to postpone their class date? If so, how long?

As I was finishing up my interview at Cal, the Hiring Director took me aside and basically said that he would know within a day or two if I was hired; hypothetically, he said, would I be able to start class in two weeks?

The date they gave me was a little difficult, because I was getting married the weekend before my projected start date. So - against everything I'd ever been taught about how to respond - I did a little tap dance and said that I'd like to delay by a week.

I still got hired and it worked out alright, but in retrospect I probably should have just said "Yes, sir - three bags full..." until I got the offer and then told the Director's secretary that I needed to delay. That would be my recommendation.

As I was finishing up my interview at Cal, the Hiring Director took me aside and basically said that he would know within a day or two if I was hired; hypothetically, he said, would I be able to start class in two weeks?

The date they gave me was a little difficult, because I was getting married the weekend before my projected start date. So - against everything I'd ever been taught about how to respond - I did a little tap dance and said that I'd like to delay by a week.

I still got hired and it worked out alright, but in retrospect I probably should have just said "Yes, sir - three bags full..." until I got the offer and then told the Director's secretary that I needed to delay. That would be my recommendation.

any company that can't or won't give you an extra week to get married is worthless. good on them for working with you, and good on you for keeping your priorites straight

Yes...I know of someone who delayed for several months without any issues. In other words, he did the interview in February or so and got pushed back to a class date TBD, turned out August due to military commitments even though they originally wanted him to start ASAP. Hope that helps.

From what I have heard they already have a class and employee number assigned to you when they invite you to the interview, it yours to screw up. That being said, whatever class date they offer can be adjusted for a good reason, going to SWA is not a good reason.

Guys, CAL will give you pretty much what you need. My friend's father died and they said, "No problem, how's tomorrow?"

Latest resources

Back