COMAIR vs NETJETS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Diesel,

I tried to PM you but your box is full!! I will be in CMH next week for recurrent. If you are around, lets have a coke or something?

g:D

fanman said:
Oh yeah, that Citation X really comes in handy, when you need to hurry up because you are already at duty hour fourteen. Don't forget the milk and papers!

Sorry, at 14 hours, we're in the hotel. You know, duty/rest rules.
No, the X comes in handy flying coast to coast in 4.3 hours with gourmet crew food, just like the RJ. Not.

fanman said:
It comes down to quality of life, schedule, days off.
Right now I get 8 hard days off a month, plus 2 soft for the charter company I work for. Pay is comparable to Net Jets salary.

We get 13-16 hard days off per month. Comparable?

I think that that guy is on crack if he thinks P121 flying is better, I have also flown Part 121, and I can say that he must not enjoy his job at all, and should get out of the business of flying all together. I love my job, and love not knowing where I am going on a day by day basis, it gets pretty boring going from ORD-ATL every day to the point that you have the plates memerized, plus we get to keep our hotel and airline perks, P121 guys don't, we stay at better hotels, and get real crew meals, not some snacks and get to keep our perdium in our pockets, I can not count the times that I have worked an entire rotation where I never used my perdium, money I get to use elsewhere, plus we get perdium for everyday on rotation, unlike P121 where you get perdium based on block times, yea P121 is great for one thing, hitting the wrong part of the cycle and getting furloed!!!!

I work for NJA and i have every other week completely off and it will remain like that until atleast the end of march and I can tell you exactly which days they are untill the end of march.
(This sceduled can not be changed for anything but Training.)
By the end of January, I will be able to say the same thing except the scedule will go to the end of june. Yea it realy sucks to be able to make plans months in advance without using vaction time. I took one of my vaction weeks off and i ended up haveing 4weeks off strait. I hate to be able to go fishing almost every day for almost a month on one weeks vaction.
I just spent a work week in the Bull Pen (Reserve) that sucked. No, No wait a minute i still get paid the same if I fly or not, Dam another 3 weeks off in a row, what will I do?
OK i have been with NJA 1 1/2yrs, but i got that sceduled after 6 or 7 months.
Who realy gives a Shi* what part you fly under? The only things that realy matter are life style, pay, and work enviorment (its not that hard to talk to someone for a couple of minutes, get in the cockpit and fly) If im waiting for the pax to show Im usally catching a movie or watching something else on the TV, thats realy ruff. Oh coming up on 13 hrs its a 2hr flight get someone else im going to the Hilton for my 10hr untouchable rest
In a few months we all will be saying dam NJA's pay is good, no great.

Last edited:
To all,

Thanx for all the help with my decision. I took the job with NJA and am loving it!! NO regrets at all. This truely is a great place to work and it has been the best decision for me. Thanx...............................Joel

Is it possible to make 90K plus at NJA as a second year capt on an excel ? I have been told by some NJA pilots they are going to make that much in under 2 yrs at NJA by picking up overtime, adding all per diem, etc. That would be a great earning potential if that is true, but seems hard to do if your base is around 50K-55K a yr then to add another 35- 40K to your salary by picking up overtime and perdiem. If it is true can someone please explain, we all might be flying for the wrong company. Thanks for all responses.

Man, it chaps my A$$ when people ask us about adding per diem, overtime, etc.

I think there are some NJA pilots on the road that artificially inflate what their earining potential is.

It is bad fiscal policy to "count eggs before they're hatched".

First year F/O pay=27,000
Second year CPT pay=39,000
Third year CPT pay= 47,000

These are the hard numbers. These are fact. There are plenty of pilots at NJA now, so overtime has all but ceased except for the priveleged few. If a person wanted to get creative and count per diem, go for it. It's 1.60 per hour, roughly 230.00 for a 7 day tour. But, if you sit at home, not being called in, no per diem for you.

Hope this helps.

Toploader

Hey toploader thanks for the response.
The reason i made a post about earning potential at NJA during the 2nd yr. was because i have been told by a few NJA pilots that you can and will make 90K plus during your 2nd yr as a capt., if you work alot and add all per diem, tips, etc. I just find that almost impossible to make double your base salary by just picking up over time even at time and a half, adding per diem and tips. Friends tell me to apply at NJA since you will make much more money at NJA 90 K the 2nd yr!!! where it will take 10 years or more to make that at a leading regional airline. If that is true, that is great for the NJA pilots, but from what responses i have seen, it seems they are stretching thier salaries more than a little bit for a 2nd yr capt., for what reasons I dont know?

Latest resources

Back