COMAIR vs NETJETS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Joel

I am a COMAIR FO with 6 months seniority. I just found out I was Junior Manned into the 70 seat RJ. I have an interview with NETJETS on 16-17 Sep in HOU. I am leaning toward accepting the NETJETS job if offered. Anyone out there from COMAIR or any other regional that may have some input? Quality of life/pay/time off/benefits/vacation etc. Those are the things I am interested in. Thanx.....................Joel

Like I told you on the phone. Netjets all the way!! I have nothing against Comair but after 6+ years at a regional there is no comparison!

I say Netjets all the way! Fractional flying seems a lot more interesting than regional flying. Plus, the majors won't be hiring for years with all of the furloughs.... Netjets is a leader and seems here to stay. Other positive factors:

1. Brand new corporate jets - including BBJs!!!!!!!! Can you imagine eventually (after a few years...) flying a new BBJ across the pond? Pretty nice...

2. Endless variety of destinations (not same old-routine in the airline biz)

3. You can live almost anywhere - not tied to CVG

4. The pay is better than the regionals after a few years

5. Good, airline-type schedules - you can eventually bid the popular 7/7 schedule (probably senior for a while)

6. Interesting passengers- I have Netjets pilot friends who have flown Tiger Woods, Mike Piazza, Eddie Murphy and Wayne Gretzky - I doubt you will find anyone like that on a Comair flight - and you won't be able to interact with them face-to-face...

I'd take a Netjets Citation X flying Santa Monica to Maui anyday over a clunky Comair CRJ flying to Allentown again and again... If you are offered the job at Netjets - take it! Do it now before the masses from the regionals all wake up and smell the coffee - life is better at a market leader like Netjets!

Cheers

Joel, Joel, Joel

Joel,
If they offer you the job at Netjets, you MUST take it. I along with many others wasted too much time at the regionals chasing qualifications that just don't matter. You won't find anyone except for people still at the regionals telling you to leave so take their advice. I've flown with comair guys that never went back after the strike with tons of seniority. Doesn't that give you a hint. Best of luck in your interview and your decision. You better convince the netjets interviewers you want to be here or you probably wont get a job offer.

Alright, I take it back - the CRJ is by no means a clunker - in fact, it is a great airplane. The CRJ-700 will also be a great airplane - being low on the totem pole won't be...

That being said, I have many friends at Netjets who really LOVE what they do. I would say that is somewhat rare nowadays - everyone seems a bit jaded and insecure in the airline biz. These friends love the new aircraft, the variety of interesting destinations (and yes, Maui is one of them) and the fact that Netjets is #1 in the Frax biz. They feel secure and contented - this allows them to enjoy what they do - they are not always so concerned with what the majors are doing or whether another labor group will be striking soon.

Having recently sat in the sharp-end of both a Netjets Citation X and an Excel, I highly recommend Netjets. Beautiful airplanes, cool/varied destinations, increasing pay, live pretty much where you want, good airline-type schedules and good security - sounds good to me... Add to that the thought that any potential supersonic corporate jet developed in the future will probably be put under the Netjets banner (that would be cool), and you have a pretty easy decision. Fly a mach .92 Citation X at Netjets and fly right past any Comair CRJ-700 - that would be awesome!!!!!!!!!

Good luck

Gentlemen,

All well spoken and very much appreciated...but I think I'll go with NetJets if they offer me the job. Talking with all of you and some off line has got me totally pumped about the company. I will probably draft a letter of resignation over the weekend. I can't wait. I hope they offer me the job...........wish me luck.....................Joel

Just to clarify:

Lumber Yak stated: "4. The pay is better than the regionals after a few years"

I believe it's better than regionals from DAY ONE.

A friend at Netjets told me; Captains pay is generally about 45-60 days from date of hire for everyone (on average).

I don't know of ANY regional that comes close to Netjet Capt pay within the first several years. I'm guessing most regionals would be less than 50% of Netjets pay.

This Netjets vrs. Regional thing is just a simple no-brain'r.

Joel said:
I am a COMAIR FO with 6 months seniority. I just found out I was Junior Manned into the 70 seat RJ. I have an interview with NETJETS on 16-17 Sep in HOU. I am leaning toward accepting the NETJETS job if offered. Anyone out there from COMAIR or any other regional that may have some input? Quality of life/pay/time off/benefits/vacation etc. Those are the things I am interested in. Thanx.....................Joel

I'm a Comair pilot. By all means go to Net Jets if they offer you the job. If they don't then try some other outfit until you get hired but GO, please, as fast as you can to anywhere but here.

All the reasons you gave about what you ar "interested in" indicate clearly to me that you really are not cut out for being an airline pilot, especially not at my airline. The sooner we can get you to move on the better off the rest of us will be and your spot can be offered to someone that wants the job and cares. Evidently HR made a mistake when they offered you this job. If you help us correct it by leaving that will be a blessing.

Goodbye and good luck. I'll pray that you get hired.

Last edited:
Surplus1,
I've never seen such an arrogant response from any airline pilot as I just saw from you. I have been both an "airline pilot" at both a regional and a major airline. I'm very happy to hear that you are content with your career choice at comair. Good for you! However, the majority of other pilots at regionals are constantly trying to better themselves and their lifestyles. I sat at a regional for too many years trying to better my qualifications. I finally made to a major and the industry downturned. Just because I wanted to leave my regional did not mean I wasn't an outstanding employee. Maybe Joel doesn't want to live in cincinnatti all his life or work for horrible wages as a regional jet f/o. Do you blame him or are you too senior and mighty to remember what it's like to be junior at a regional and make jack for money. Maybe Joel doesn't want to fly an RJ for the rest of his life. I'm sure there are many of your f/o's and captains that just can't wait to leave but are waiting for the industry to improve. Maybe Joel doesn't want to wait around for the next pathetic contract so at Year 12 he can make $100/hour. Wow, big money. I'm happy your content at your job I really am, but don't put others down for wanting to improve thier lives. As and experienced airline pilot you say you are, I would think you would understand this. Or has 25,000 hours jaded you so bad that you want to see everybody else be miserable. When comair first hired you did you plan to stay for life. I think not! I'm not one to flame people but your above comments were both innapropriate and very managerial. Are you a pilot or a Kool-aid drinker.

Fraternally,

Surplus1,

I guess that is exactly what you are!! I can't believe someone would actually write something liek that, and that I am actually dinifying it with a response. Why don't you come out from behind your very fitting code name and we can discuss this over at the trailors??

For the rest of you out there, don't let this be a reflection of the COMAIR pilots and the company as a whole. All the pilots and COMAIR personnel that I have worked with have been very professional and very enjoyable.

Surplus,

I guess you are not "interested in" Quality of life/pay/time off/benefits/vacation etc. as the rest of the pilots are?? I guess since you love the company soooo much you went on strike with the rest of the pilots because you are not "interested in" Quality of life/pay/time off/benefits/vacation etc. Afterall that is why you went on strike isn't it??

Since you are sooo old and obviously out of touch with reality, stay off the web and crawl back in your hole. This sight is for people that are looking to better themselves and constructive feedback is all we are looking for. Not some mindless, self-centered answer like yours.

The only mistake HR made at COMAIR was taking you back after the strike!!! We don't need anymore closed minded kool-aid drinkers!!!

Joel

Latest resources

Back