Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are slowly recapturing it.

OYS

?????? The first jobs DALPA let leave the property were 19 seat turboprops. Then 30 seat turbo props. Then 70 seat turbo props. Then 50 seat jets. Next it was 76 seat jets.

DALPA keeps giving away jobs. They have yet to turn the corner and 'recapture' anything.

The only carriers that have 'held the line' have been SWAPA and CAL - before they joined ALPA. NW pilots struck largely over scope in '98 - to the tune of almost 1 Billion in cash costs for NW before it settled. They held scope to a small number of 50 seat jets and an even smaller number of 'grandfathered' AVRO's.

Are you going to let your former NW brothers show you how to walk the line this time? They've done it seven times in their history. How many times has DALPA demonstrated that resolve? Zero. Keep in mind both carriers have histories that stretch back to the 1930's.

That being said scope isn't the big threat to your career. Emirates is. They are after your wide body jobs - and are taking them at an increasing rate. How much trans Atlantic flying is Delta and its partners pulling down? Have you looked at Emirates expansion? In the mean time until you decide to include regional pilots in your plans you will make no progress keeping your wide body jobs.

The irony is the regional jobs you want to eliminate will put pilots on the street that will take wideboby jobs at Emirates. Widebody jobs that are yours now.

Delta is the Evil Empire. Wish everyone of them would die of a slow painful disease. Ain't gonna happen, but I wish for it every day.

Comair's fate was sealed long before Delta bought them.

Delta at least allowed them a growth explosion before it all came crashing down.

Only the foolish think otherwise.

You know what they say about opinions ...... everybody has one and mine isn't the same as yours.

IMO, Delta's acquisition was the worse thing that ever happened to Comair; from A to Z.

I'm happy to remain among the foolish who don't think like you.

?????? The first jobs DALPA let leave the property were 19 seat turboprops. Then 30 seat turbo props. Then 70 seat turbo props. Then 50 seat jets. Next it was 76 seat jets.

DALPA keeps giving away jobs. They have yet to turn the corner and 'recapture' anything.

The only carriers that have 'held the line' have been SWAPA and CAL - before they joined ALPA. NW pilots struck largely over scope in '98 - to the tune of almost 1 Billion in cash costs for NW before it settled. They held scope to a small number of 50 seat jets and an even smaller number of 'grandfathered' AVRO's.

Are you going to let your former NW brothers show you how to walk the line this time? They've done it seven times in their history. How many times has

DALPA demonstrated that resolve? Zero. Keep in mind both carriers have histories that stretch back to the 1930's.

That being said scope isn't the big threat to your career. Emirates is. They are after your wide body jobs - and are taking them at an increasing rate. How much trans Atlantic flying is Delta and its partners pulling down? Have you looked at Emirates expansion? In the mean time until you decide to include regional pilots in your plans you will make no progress keeping your wide body jobs.

The irony is the regional jobs you want to eliminate will put pilots on the street that will take wideboby jobs at Emirates. Widebody jobs that are yours now.

Emirates is being marginalized by Governments. Notice how Germany and France limit the number if cities or flights per day they can go to their countries? Canada has given them a total of 3 flights a week. Germany said 4 total cities, no more. Same with France. It's catching on, since national airlines like Lufthansa and Air France can only fill maybe one flight a day to DXB, and don't use it as a transit hub like Emirates. When Emirates starts hurting more national airlines of certain countries, they will complain about loss of local jobs, and Emirates will probably lose more slots or cities. It's called local politics, and that trumps capitalism. Can't wait to see what they do with 90 more A380s. Where will they put them if more doors close? You'd think Airbus, the manufacturer would pressure France to lay off, but Air France must have better lobbyists.

OYS

Didn't you guys strike and cost DL a lot of money? Maybe they never forgot that?
OYS

Yes, the strike did cost Delta a hunk of money but they were the cause of the strike in the first instance. They just thought that scum like Comair would never dare to strike the almighty Delta. Their "real" pilots never did, so why would they expect different from a collection of riff-raff? Turns out they were wrong. We will never know but, IMO, there would never have been a strike if DAL had not acquired CMR.

I'm sure they haven't forgotten it but that doesn't matter; they hated Comair's guts before they bought it and they still do.

Delta didn't buy Comair because they wanted it; they bought it to keep it from ever coming into its own. From that perspective, their plan was a success, all be it a very expensive one.

The problem with Comair was that they wanted mainline wages, and Delta and the rest of the World saw them as FEED. OYS was right. You have to know your place in aviation, and Comair was never going to get the wages they demanded during their strike.

Bye Bye--General Lee

And just how would YOU know what Comair pilots wanted or didn't want? No real Comair pilot would give you the time of day, let alone tell you what they wanted or didn't want.

I know you think that your "place" in aviation is exalted above others [you've never failed to let us know] but that is your illusion. No one outside of Delta has those same illusions, General Lee, it's a deltoid virus. Pick up some anti-virus software and get it out of your system.

Emirates is being marginalized by Governments.
OYS

I wouldn't bet the farm on Emiratees been marginalized for too long, at least not in the USA. Just as soon as the Republicans are back in power I have a feeling you'll be seeing a lot of those 380's "coming to a town near you."

Just in case this hasn't been covered in an earlier post, someone emailed Ryan P. asking him to address this rumor. His response was that it was only a rumor and had no merit. He then listed what the block flight hours would be for next year at this time, which was consistant with what Delta, er, Comair had originally announced.

To: On Your Something and Gen. Lee: This is an annonymous web board. It is expected that over the course of ten thousand or so posts people might get an idea of the character and intellect of someone such as yourself. I have formed such an opinion. I suspect many others have as well.

To:Everyone else: Reading On Your Something's and Gen Lee's opinions here is like reading the comments at the end of internet news articles.
Nothing ruins one's faith in humanity faster than reading internet news article comments.

Last edited:
And just how would YOU know what Comair pilots wanted or didn't want? No real Comair pilot would give you the time of day, let alone tell you what they wanted or didn't want.

I know you think that your "place" in aviation is exalted above others [you've never failed to let us know] but that is your illusion. No one outside of Delta has those same illusions, General Lee, it's a deltoid virus. Pick up some anti-virus software and get it out of your system.

Your strike caused Delta to put different regionals in all of the hubs, and not to allow one regional to rule the roost. Thanks for the idea of making sure no more serious disruptions will occur from "the feed."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
I wouldn't bet the farm on Emiratees been marginalized for too long, at least not in the USA. Just as soon as the Republicans are back in power I have a feeling you'll be seeing a lot of those 380's "coming to a town near you."

Nah, Dubai is a bit too far away to affect the US. Europe is getting a huge explosion of muslims and ME people moving to their lands, but America is a bit far and since 9-11 it is a bit tougher to do so. Emirates has continued to go to the same 4 cities in the USA (LA, SFO, IAH, and NYC) for a couple years, without any more expansion, other than an addition of a flight or two per day. Just not see'in it. Sorry.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back