• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Shrinking More And Faster?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a former Horizon pilot I owe much thanks to the Comair pilots of summer 2001. Our CEO blasted all of you in a letter sent to our spouses at home. I wish more pilots had your resolve.

HAHAHAHAHA. Wait, let me get it straight. Delta bought Comair, at the time a commuter with Bandarantes and Shorts 360s, because they were scared of it? Riiiiiiiiight.

Delta bought Comair in 1999, by which time the latter had been a CRJ operator for six years. Oh, and it's Bandeirante.

the putz Oy-Yo-Yo at his best, you and Jenny even write the same crap, scary and sad, putz

GL is such a ************************* he has penis envy..... bashing on the regional board as usual? how many posts?? Yup, total puss..... What a jackoff.... Who would get on these message boards and spend all this time bashing regional pilots?? A delta pilot?? I think not. GL is irrellevent. HS

Just in case this hasn't been covered in an earlier post, someone emailed Ryan P. asking him to address this rumor. His response was that it was only a rumor and had no merit. He then listed what the block flight hours would be for next year at this time, which was consistant with what Delta, er, Comair had originally announced.

To: On Your Something and Gen. Lee: This is an annonymous web board. It is expected that over the course of ten thousand or so posts people might get an idea of the character and intellect of someone such as yourself. I have formed such an opinion. I suspect many others have as well.

To:Everyone else: Reading On Your Something's and Gen Lee's opinions here is like reading the comments at the end of internet news articles.
Nothing ruins one's faith in humanity faster than reading internet news article comments.

POW! Right in the c0ck sucker

The problem with Comair was that they wanted mainline wages, and Delta and the rest of the World saw them as FEED. OYS was right. You have to know your place in aviation, and Comair was never going to get the wages they demanded during their strike.

General, you know I love you, but you're just being an a-hole on purpose here. These guys are watching their airline get dismantled. Have some compassion.

The real problem wasn't that CMR was demanding fair wages, the problem was that 9/11 hit just months later, and the possibility of the other regionals being able to piggyback on their gains disappeared. CMR was left out in the cold, on their own with rates that far exceeded the rest of the regional industry. Had 9/11 not happened, it's very likely that other regional carriers would have shortly followed with similar pay rates, leveling the playing field and preempting the "race to the bottom" that we ended up with after 9/11. Because the bargaining pattern got screwed up, CMR got screwed.

CMR was left out in the cold, on their own with rates that far exceeded the rest of the regional industry.

They were good rates, but they weren't ahead of "the rest" so to speak. ACA's existing rates were close to COMAIR, but COMAIR used ACA's as part of their negotiating in typical "jacking up the house fashion". AWAC simply did that with COMAIR's.

And had it not been for 9/11, we all know that ASA and Express Airlines (Pinnacle) were next up in line.

Latest resources

Back