Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AirBill said:
Who cares?

With my second-year CHQ pay, I am able to pay a mortgage on a house, build a brick patio in the back yard, buy an SUV and have a beautiful wife.

How much did she cost?

A swallowing aviator

Still dont want to talk about paying for your job? Paying for ones job is a heck of a lot worse than anyone at SkyWest ever did by voting yes

Lets talk PFT and its effect on the industry. C'mon, sack up and tell us how it feels to write a check that big. I usually come away with a car when I write checks as large as you did. All you did was ruin the industry. I usually pity fools because they figure out the mistakes they make, you haven't come to grips yet.

A prostitute plain and simple swallowing aviator. Thats all you are.

Although I did not have to pay the required fee you reference, some did. It was what was required of them at the time. It did nothing to lower wages and quality of life. I fail to see your point.

Now what you people have done HAS contributed to the lowering of wages and quality of life. At a time when we are holding the line, Skywhore, Mesa, Chitaco all bent over and took it up the arss for a chance to get the aircraft we would of gotten if we had taken concessions.

This is a fact. You people are pathetic. Pathetic whores.

AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
Now what you people have done HAS contributed to the lowering of wages and quality of life. At a time when we are holding the line, Skywhore, Mesa, Chitaco all bent over and took it up the arss for a chance to get the aircraft we would of gotten if we had taken concessions.

This is a fact. You people are pathetic. Pathetic whores.

Nice, very nice.

Dude, do us all a favor and just shut the fukc up already. Stop the friggin' finger pointing and name calling already, it's tired and been done to death. I'm sure you're as big a backstabbing whore (as you so joyfully call everyone else) as any other pilot out there. Why don't you go beat your wife and kids or something, or maybe your dog, get rid of some of that aggression. It might make you feel better.

You sound like a prissy, whiny little bitch... must be a real pleasure to fly with a dildo like you.

Settle down little fella.

I call it as I see it. If you don't like what I say, thats fine.
I suppose you don't disagree with me, you seem to just not like the way I present it. And...that's ok....

Swallowing aviator

You were the one in a million that didn't have to pay while everyone around you did. I believe that about as much as I believe Bill Clinton on any given issue. I suppose I cant blame you, swallowing seman cant be one of your prouder accomplishments. Were you wearing a blue dress the day you swallowed, rather signed the PAY FOR TRAINING contract? I cant imagine anything more embarrassing for a wannabe professional pilot. Have to pay to sit in the right seat and pull gear. Not good enough to do it the proper way, barely good enough to do it by going to the clownair flight academy and dropping coin.

You really are less than informed if you think the path you, sorry everyone else at clownair took didn't hurt the industry.

You talk of holding the line. PFT hardly seems like holding the line.
You wouldn't have made it to the aircraft if you hadn't paid.
You will never have the satisfaction of knowing you did it the right way, and you only get one shot at it.

Done with you. Head back to the brothel from where you came from.

PS, were you the putz in the SLC lounge the other day changing your jepps, taking up way to much room singing to yourself?

PFT debate

Russ,

When did Comair start PFT? I'm not sure, but I think in the early to mid 90's. It was discontinued sometime in 98 or 99. So you have a 5 to 10 year (at the most) window of PFT at an almost 30 year old airline.

Now I disagree with PFT as much as you do. I didn't do it, and gripe about those who did just like you do. But what's worse, whoring yourself for 10 grand once to get hired, or whoring yourself 10 grand a year, year after year?

That's what you guys did with that pathetic 99 seat and under crap. IF you (heavens forbid) do get more 70's and/or 90's or "99 seaters" the captains flying them will be "PFT-ing" year after year after year.

What's the difference?

Oh yeah, I forgot, you guys are going to get industry leading rates soon after your 18 month "concessions just to get 'em" is over.

Boy, we'll have eggs on our faces then, I tell ya what.

P38
The time frame that AFA came from was PFT.

I agree with you about pay issues. I wish we collectively hadn't agreed to it. It really wouldn't have mattered, management simply would have imposed it. I wish they would have so we could see the other side. But alas, in the end one can only be responsible for ones self. I opposed it then as I do now. Like I said, responsible for ones self, and not buying the job.

Russ said:
Swallowing aviator

You were the one in a million that didn't have to pay while everyone around you did. I believe that about as much as I believe Bill Clinton on any given issue. I suppose I cant blame you, swallowing seman cant be one of your prouder accomplishments. Were you wearing a blue dress the day you swallowed, rather signed the PAY FOR TRAINING contract? I cant imagine anything more embarrassing for a wannabe professional pilot. Have to pay to sit in the right seat and pull gear. Not good enough to do it the proper way, barely good enough to do it by going to the clownair flight academy and dropping coin.

You really are less than informed if you think the path you, sorry everyone else at clownair took didn't hurt the industry.

You talk of holding the line. PFT hardly seems like holding the line.
You wouldn't have made it to the aircraft if you hadn't paid.
You will never have the satisfaction of knowing you did it the right way, and you only get one shot at it.

Done with you. Head back to the brothel from where you came from.

PS, were you the putz in the SLC lounge the other day changing your jepps, taking up way to much room singing to yourself?

I wonder if you realize just how stupid you sound. Because it is none of your business, I will not explain the reasons I did not have to pay the fee. I have explained it on this board already.

Like others have said, PFT did nothing to hurt our pay. Agreeing to be a Skywhore just advanced the race to the bottom.

You sure talk about male semon a lot. Are you Gay? Just wondering. If you are, thats your thing dude. I don't think I EVER ponder on males and semon like you do.

PFT Again

There were many airlines such as Piedmont, Allegheny, Mesa, and American Eagle that did not require PFT in the mid-90s.

There were also dozens of freight companies flying non-sched, single pilot night-frieght in everything from Grumman Cheetas to Beech Bonanzas and Barons to 402s. These companies hired literally hundreds of pilots. They flew approaches to minimums in all kinds of weather, gained valuable experience, and learned real-world decision making skills.

There were many, MANY ways to make a living flying and to continue to build quality experience without writing that check.

The road between Seminole and RJ should not have been bridged in gold -- but rather by hard work and real-world experience.

Everyone had a choice.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back