Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yipee kai yeah!!!

FlyingSig said:
FWIW... the most senior person in my DAL newhire class is an ex-Eastern pilot (That makes 5% of my class ex-EAL, for those that like demographics and such).

But he's furloughed now too....
That makes four! Wow, was I ever off!

You know I have been basing this on my personnal observations and those of a pilot buddy who was rEAL Eastern and a two time Comair hire. My encounters with Delta pilots often involve them volunteering their background. 'I was ex-Pan Am/Western/Northeast,' would be how they began. With such huge numbers of ex-Eastern pilots, you must have seen dozens of reunion notices on the crew bulliten boards just like squadron reunion notices. I have been so wrong about this.

Four, you say, WOW!!!

FlyComAirJets said:
That makes four! Wow, was I ever off!
You might be more far off then you think, since obviously you and "your buddy" have never truly surveyed the DAL pilot list. Like I said before, there have probably been 12,000 pilots on the DAL seniority list since 1991, have you, or your buddy, cross referenced those 12,000 names against the EAL seniority list, or are you basing your analysis on the, "well I was jumpseating and......." method.

Again, the DAL MEC never supported a policy that would deny a furloughed ALPA pilot a job, the same can not be said for the CMR MEC. End of story.

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!

As appealing the prospect of cross referencing 12,000 names on the DAL pilot seniority list, I'll have to pass as I do have a life. You know and I know that there is a conspicuous absence of former Eastern pilots who lived in ATL and flew many of the same aircraft types. And in the case of the L-1011, the exact same aircraft.

That you don't see that is odd but understandably self-serving. So be it.

The topic of this thread was the hiriing of Delta furloughess by Comair. It is my belief that since the company does the hiring, that was the critical point of contention in whether it was necessary for a pilot to give up his/her seniority number. Whether the local unions were for or against this practice is largely irrelevant, in my opinion, and I pointed out the dearth of out of work Eastern pilots hired by Delta.

You disagree and again bog down in minutiae.

Now that the Comair MEC has come out in support of pilots not having to resign seniority as an employment precondition, thanks in no part to the DAL MEC according to all accounts, we shall see if substantive numbers apply. (Now that would be worth cross referencing)

If the hiring of a dozen or so furloughees out of more than a thousand is cause for happiness, then that is great. But I think we should have some concern for ALL the furloughees. By getting all wrapped up around the axle about a silly little policy letter when the real culprit is a terrible management practice ensures only a small number of DAL furloughees being hired, at best.

Makes for the end of a sad story.

unbeliebavle!

FlyComAirJets said:
As appealing the prospect of cross referencing 12,000 names on the DAL pilot seniority list, I'll have to pass as I do have a life.
This guy is unbelievable! He is the one blasting everyone about hiring of EAL pilots, and now he "has a life" to back up spouting his mouth off. Typical of an rjdc supporter!

The topic of this thread was the hiriing of Delta furloughess by Comair.
And it was you my friend who started all the BS about hiring of EAL pilots at DAL. Typical rjdc spin! Now wonder everyone has such animosity towards rjdc supporters!
Now that the Comair MEC has come out in support of pilots not having to resign seniority as an employment precondition, thanks in no part to the DAL MEC according to all accounts, we shall see if substantive numbers apply. (Now that would be worth cross referencing)
Three years too late. They can take their kind offer now that recalls have started!
If the hiring of a dozen or so furloughees out of more than a thousand is cause for happiness, then that is great. But I think we should have some concern for ALL the furloughees. By getting all wrapped up around the axle about a silly little policy letter when the real culprit is a terrible management practice ensures only a small number of DAL furloughees being hired, at best.

Makes for the end of a sad story.
No, it makes for a nice twist for your rjdc propoganda!

FlyingSig said:
Same could be said about my furlough when ACA did benifit from the increased block hours after the DAL MEC did indeed give scope releif after 9/11. Covineient how your memory lapses when your growth comes on the back of a company claiming force majeur and at the cost of my job.

Cry me a river....

And if you're going to try and appear better then all those arrogant Delta pilots, at least try to quote them right. Inserting my name into someone else's quote and making it look like I said it only shows your true credibility.
If I hit quote on the wrong link, I apologize. Sometimes I hit reply at the last post or combine quotes from mulitple posters in one post. If I misquoted you, no offense was intended.

As to the other, maybe you guys should have changed your scope years ago to allow mainline pilots to fly RJs instead of farming it out to regional pilots. RJ pilots could be well paid mainline pilots and you wouldn't have anyone to blame for your misfortunes (except maybe Air Tran, Jetblue, etc.). ACA would not exist and Mesa would just be a bad dream.

I'm not picking on you personally, but ALPA cannot represent the interests of majors and regionals objectively because their interests are often in opposition. Our problem with Delta MEC is just one example. Thank God that ACA will not be a regional in two months.

You'll never get it.

Darn straight, it was three years too late. If it was so important, why did it take over a year for the DAL MEC to officially approach our MEC and then only because they were directed by member petition? If it was so important, when they walked out on the Comair MEC, why didn't they ever come back -- 'the door is always open,' our MEC stated. They never used it.

If it was so important, why is that nearly three years later it was Comair MEC who unilaterally gave their support?

Latest resources

Back