Comair hires Delta pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skydiverdriver

After negotiating with the Delta MEC, the Comair MEC has agreed to ask thier management to hire furloughed Delta pilots without having to give up their seniority at Delta. This is confirmed on the current Comair VARS message.

I wonder what the Delta pilots plan to do for us in return?

skydiverdriver said:
After negotiating with the Delta MEC, the Comair MEC has agreed to ask thier management to hire furloughed Delta pilots without having to give up their seniority at Delta. This is confirmed on the current Comair VARS message.

A move that was long overdue. . Nice to see they are on the same page as ASA and the many other that had this agreement in place since day 1.

3 5 0

skydiverdriver said:
Y'all take 3 years to finally get to it and you want instant reciprocity?? Mabye they need 3 years to think about it....

Last edited:
T-Gates said:
Y'all take 3 years to finally get to it and you want instant reciprocity?? Mabye they need 3 years to think about it....
How about giving more mainline flying and routes away?. DAL can just pull 1 37/80 a month anf turn it over to Mr. and Mrs. RJ to fly.:D

3 5 0

How about giving more mainline flying and routes away?.
How about putting airplanes on routes where they fit best.

With your obvious one sided mind, I'm surprised you aren't trying to rally the troops against all the flying Mesa is doing for America West these days...or are you?

Last edited:
"skydiverdriver" must be one of those "excellent" instructors from Comair Academy.:rolleyes: Here we go again.....

Isn't it great that they finally want to do something that is long overdue....just as they're about STOP the hiring process?:confused:

There you go Comedy Air....showing off again. You guys never stop making a name for yourselves, do you?

Come on, G.L., let's hear your side of it.

LTG:mad:

chperplt said:
How about putting airplanes on routes where they fit best.

With your obvious one sided mind, I'm surprised you aren't trying to rally the troops against all the flying Mesa is doing for America West these days...or are you?
If that is what it takes to get DAL back to it's glory days then by all means they need to do that. They pulled mainline equipment off profitable routes and replaced them with rj's, the mainline planes were going out full most of the time.

Mesa is a "feeder" as Comair is to DAL. Mesa is not overtaking HP routes nor is the larger equipment being threatened.

HP is still getting equipment, DAL is not. There is problem in the Delta business platform that needs to be fixed rather quickly if they are to make it and avoid bk.
pretty bad comparison in my opinion.

3 5 0

pretty bad comparison in my opinion.
I'm sure you would..

Mesa is a "feeder" as Comair is to DAL. Mesa is not overtaking HP routes nor is the larger equipment being threatened
I've seen a lot of those CRJ-900s in HP colors in and out of LAS every day. What was on those routes before the 900? Were they using a Dash on the LAS-SNA route before? Must be cheaper to run those than the old 73s you guys have.

350DRIVER said:
If that is what it takes to get DAL back to it's glory days then by all means they need to do that. They pulled mainline equipment off profitable routes and replaced them with rj's, the mainline planes were going out full most of the time.
How do you know what routes are profitable? Just because the plane is full does not mean the flight is profitable.

Latest resources

Back