Comair folks, info please

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

eddie

I am scheduled to start class this month. I know they pay for 1 week of hotel, could you please fill me in on what I will earn after that.

The web site says "full paid training", but I know that isn't the case. Also, are newhires allowed to jumpseat immediately, or are we stuck in CVG until after training.

Thanks for any info.

jumpseat

There used to be a month wait to get an ID, background checks, ect. Classes go until 4:00pm Friday, so you will have very little time to go anywhere. They will explain all this the first day. Good luck.

Comair will give you non rev passes from CVG to and from your home address while in training unlimited until you reach the 30 days then you get your normal travel benefits so you can get home during the weekends while in grd. school. You have to go to the pass bureau to get them at Headquarters in CVG next to the airport, which right next to the training center you can get then at lunch no problem. Since July 2002 they have hired 160 plus pilots.

During "our" weekend (not always on Sat, Sun), most of the folks in my class would go home. Never seemed too have too much trouble leaving for two days, plus as the previous poster said, the pass bureau is great.

My class was on the night shift (4 to midnight). It was nice because you could head home early Sat. morning and not have to come back until Monday. The other nice thing was that no one was really around at night (i.e. management) so, there were a few times where we got out early, or at least released early to practice flows.

I flew for Piedmont. For a year.

Do they always have classes in shifts? When do you find that out? Do you know which airplane has better schedules for F/O's? Also, after the first week, are crashpads easy to find, or do most people shell out for the hotel?

Thanks for all the info.

Doea anyone here have any info on there udpated hiring status. Roughly how many they may do this year. I am curious to see if Delta's "Song" low cost carrier will have any effect on anything. Looking forward to replies. CYA

comair info

Eddie,

They did do classes in shifts for those of us in class over the holidays. i would imagine that they're back to just days now... you'll get you schedule on the first day that'll tell you your indoc class times. later you'll get info on systems class. as you get closer to the sim training, your class will bid on sim schedules. if you're a young guy, expect a 4 a.m. report time in the sim. i was in the middle and had 8 p.m. - 2 a.m.

you have no control over which airplane you get. they have been junior-manning a few new hires into the 70-seater, mostly because the line guys are avoiding it until they know they can hold a line on it. if you do get the 70, they send you to Montreal for a couple weeks of differences training after you finish in the sim. expect the 50, though.

in my class, everyone moved out of the hotel after the first week. a few are staying with family, but half of us (7) are currently crammed into a 3 BR apartment. works out to about $125/month each including utilities. it's not bad, really - there's always someone to study with. now that we're wrapping up training, we'll all have different schedules, so it won't get crowded very often...

actually, we may have a guy moving out soon, PM me if you're interested. our pad is just south of the airport, right near the mall and tons of restaurants....

captainv

Latest resources

Back