• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Christopher Lowell is on this board???"

-The kid from "who's the boss"

"that's funny, i could name them all"

-the dad from "The Brady Bunch"

chperplt -

People always wonder who among us are idiots.

Only idiots wonder if they are idiots.

Colgan Air hires lower time pilots. We hire them into the right seat of the Beech and the Saab.

"We" obviously does not include you. Talk to your boss. He is the one offering the interviews. Colgan Air MAY HAVE hired lower time pilots in the past but that does not set a precedent for the future. Things change. Times change. The only thing that hasn't changed is your underwear.

Why do you want to pump these readers up with false expectations? The industry sucks and so do you. Only the lucky few will get hired in this market - and not the ones with low times.

The only reason I can figure that you spend all your time on this message board is because your're making poverty wages at Colgan and can't wait to leave. Guess what? You will be there for a long time to come. Probably living at home with Mommy if not in a homeless shelter. Wake up and smell reality.

"Many of these posters, they make up a flight info "axis of evil". They seek only to bring everyone down. They must lighten up."

-George W.

hire_me said:
chperplt -

Only idiots wonder if they are idiots.

"We" obviously does not include you. Talk to your boss. He is the one offering the interviews. Colgan Air MAY HAVE hired lower time pilots in the past but that does not set a precedent for the future. Things change. Times change. The only thing that hasn't changed is your underwear.

Why do you want to pump these readers up with false expectations? The industry sucks and so do you. Only the lucky few will get hired in this market - and not the ones with low times.

The only reason I can figure that you spend all your time on this message board is because your're making poverty wages at Colgan and can't wait to leave. Guess what? You will be there for a long time to come. Probably living at home with Mommy if not in a homeless shelter. Wake up and smell reality.

Oh cry me a freakin' river. You just finished b!tching about the fact that you wanted a Colgan interview and didn't get it. Now you are attacking the company and it's wages. What a hypocrite you are. I had a friend hired there within the past 6 mos. with 800 hrs. So Chperplt is not lying. If you don't want a job at Colgan, fine, don't send your resume. With an attitude like yours you'll make it real far in this industry. You are proably one of those CFI's that students hate. You take off and b!tch about why you don't have a 121 job and then you b!tch at other's who do.

--03M

Let's see now... In the last month, my seniority has gone down 6 numbers. That tells me 6 people BELOW me have left the company.

:confused:

Why would your seniority go down if pilots below you leave? Shouldn't your number be unaffected since they were BELOW you.

I don't follow...

Oh well, if I am the only one wondering this I guess you will have to excuse me. 21 legs in 3 days kinda tires out my brain.

Fly Safe!!

B190Captain said:
:confused:

Why would your seniority go down if pilots below you leave? Shouldn't your number be unaffected since they were BELOW you.

I don't follow...

Oh well, if I am the only one wondering this I guess you will have to excuse me. 21 legs in 3 days kinda tires out my brain.

Fly Safe!!

That statement confused me too. How about 6 pilots below quit and 6 junior captains moved down to the FO list above this individual?

Let's see now... In the last month, my seniority has gone down 6 numbers. That tells me 6 people BELOW me have left the company.

I guess it all depends on how you do your math. If you start at 100 and go down to 94... 6 people below you left.. as numbers get lower that is BELOW.. In proper aviation terminology 6 people with BETTER seniority left.

hire_me

Another post about a Colgan interview made yesterday in another thread mentioned someone with 700 hours at the interview. I'm not giving false expectations to anyone. I fly with these low times pilots. I know from information given out by the CPs office what they are looking for.

the flt times of people there ranged from 700 hr -7000+ hrs..
Look here

You can bitch all you want about not having a job and how fu@ked up the industry is.. Fact is, there are jobs out there.

You have me figured out kid.. Fact is, I make just under $38 bucks an hour flying a 19 seat airplane around. I get 16 days off each month and I fly close to 85 hours every month. Not going to get me rich, but not poverty either. Oh.. as for living with mommy.. My wife and I just bought a brand new $250,000 house to live in so I won't have to spend my nights in the homeless shelter anymore.

It's time you wake up and smell reality. If you spent as much time trying to get a job as you do yanking your chain, you might actually find something.

Latest resources

Back