Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Homer69

I all,
I just was wondering if any Colgan drivers could tell me the pay for first year people, hoping for an interview soon. Thanks in advance.

Sorry to burst your bubble Homey, but I was told that I'm a "low time" pilot with 1900 hours.

Colgan apparently has received about 300 paid applications since January and they are picking the cream of the crop. Looks like I'll be instructing for the next few years . . .

Who did you speak with at Colgan? I filled that application out also and was hoping to score an interview. Did they say what was considered competitive?

Wow, 1900 hrs and considered a low timer! They must have quite a few high timers 3000 hrs, etc!

And all the "high" time pilots that are hired leave after 4 or 5 months... Don't think for a second that we aren't going to hire "low" timers.

Who are you kidding chperplt ? It doesn't look like anybody is going anywhere for the forseeable future and Colgan knows it.

I'll back him up. High time people from other 121 outfits sometimes are not happy here. And they do leave, and i know this for a fact. Our people with 1900 tt here leave too. Skywest, comair, chautauqua. The chief pilot here said they like to hire people with all backgrounds. A few hundred turbine added to the resume can open doors to other jobs they were trying to get before, like corporate. I think hiring hightime people may slow down, because the company may be burned in the coming months by it. They told us last year that they have many people with DC 8 time to pick from....but they want to mix it up.

Who are you kidding chperplt ? It doesn't look like anybody is going anywhere for the forseeable future and Colgan knows it.

hire_me

People always wonder who among us are idiots. Then someone opens their mouth and we all find out. Speak not for what you do not know.

Let's see now... In the last month, my seniority has gone down 6 numbers. That tells me 6 people BELOW me have left the company. I also know 4 furloughed pilots who have been with us only a few months are leaving.

And to reiterate the point of my post that will_not_get_hired replied quite rudely to.... Colgan Air hires lower time pilots. We hire them into the right seat of the Beech and the Saab. Simply because the HR department has 10 million resumes with the average time being 10,000 hours does not mean you will not be called with 1500 hours.

Ignore idots like this since the only stick he's flying is his own.

"he's flying his own stick???"

-Christopher Lowell

Latest resources

Back