Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CNN reporting a Lear Jet down at Chicago Executive, Wheeling?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hate that ILS-16 circle to Rwy 34, cancel IFR before the circle. Tight turn at low altitude. Sucks.

"Eternal rest grant unto them O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon them."

I don't know what's worse, that or the stupid departure off of 16.

just did this ILS to circle a few weeks ago in the middle of night in the snow it does suck any time any conditions. The departure blows too.

I used to fly out of KPTK and see the Royal guys all the time; thoughts and prayers to friends, families, and coworkers

Any circle at minimums will require tight turns at low speed and altitude. Why is PWK any different?

As for the departure, I've done it many times in Lear 35 and 60 aircraft. Just like departing from any other Class D, keep the speed below 200 and turn with 30 degrees of bank. I don't mean to be obnoxious, but it isn't difficult.

I expect alarmist reactions from the media, but from pilots? Come on, man. Leave the, "Why are pilots required to make such difficult maneuvers?" nonsense to the media.

Last edited:
At my last corporate job we were not allowed to go to KPWK. Not sure why, since I went in there a bunch flying fractional. RIP to the crew. Please post intials when possible my primary instructor was working there.

I noticed Royal launched 3 more revenue trips out of PTK after the crash...small company like should shut down ops and give people time

makes me shake my head...RIP

Why should we shut down? The Captain was a good friend of mine, but I'm ready to go to work. This is a fact of life in this industry. In the 13 years I've been in it I've lost half a dozen friends, just suck it up, learn from their mistakes and keep on going.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Ref shut down, most people want to keep moving in situation like this. Sitting around really doesn't help.

Reports today are that the aircraft had problems in flight last Thursday and had to be turn back out of Michigan last week?

Not to be a jerk, but you guys aren't going to solve the crash, just leave it alone and send you condolances.

(walking the fine line between speculation and "discussion".....)

I am of the opinion that for a perfectly operating airplane to crash as it was in the landing phases, this accident has something to do with configuration changes, airspeed, ice, or similar.

The graphic on the Chicago newspaper site,

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/PLANE-CRASH2.gif

seems to show the accident site almost directly on final to the runway. I wonder if in the circle to land, they didn't try to tighten it up and "make" the final

again, walking that fine line.....

RIP guys

Latest resources

Back