• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cmr Situation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm still waiting for something useful to come out of Puffdriver. And btw, puff what does "you were there when comair made their bed, now you lie in it" (approx. quote) mean?

I hear people say things like, "Comair screwed themselves" and it makes me think. Why are we parking our aircraft now...the real reason? And why do some have a "serves them right" attitude about it? To help me figure this out, would you please indicate which past indiscretion we are now paying for: 1. strike, 2. JC furlough hiring policy, 3. RJDC.

I am just trying to get my ALPA brother's take on it. Thank you

Comair didn't screw themselves, the MEC screwed Comair and the rest of the regional industry with unrealistic expectations as a result of the useless strike.

What is happening today is a DIRECT fallout from the strike. Overnight, the company went from being the most profitable (thus financially secure) regional in history to the most expensive that nobody wanted any part of.

Here's the real kicker... Delta has announced "the PLAN" to shrink the company and work with labor to bring costs in line with the rest of the industry. You really don't think that's going to happen, do you? In the end, it's going to be labor that brings the company to its demise.

Comair didn't screw themselves, the MEC screwed Comair and the rest of the regional industry with unrealistic expectations as a result of the useless strike.

What is happening today is a DIRECT fallout from the strike. Overnight, the company went from being the most profitable (thus financially secure) regional in history to the most expensive that nobody wanted any part of.

Here's the real kicker... Delta has announced "the PLAN" to shrink the company and work with labor to bring costs in line with the rest of the industry. You really don't think that's going to happen, do you? In the end, it's going to be labor that brings the company to its demise.
I think management just had an orgasm to your post. They couldn't be happier that untruths like what you just typed have propagated so well over the last decade.

It's nothing but conjecture and blind guessing that brings you to your conclusion... and you spout it off like it were fact. The fact of the matter is you don't know what circumstances brought OH to the situation that they are facing this year. Odds are it was multiple scenarios that prompted this give back... but I can bet you the main reason was the fact that those CRJs were wholly-owned and accessible to cancellation. It has nothing to do with contracts and earnings, pay, or QOL. That's just your own excuse making which allows you to look yourself in the mirror and sleep better for working for sh*t wages all these years.

I think management just had an orgasm to your post. They couldn't be happier that untruths like what you just typed have propagated so well over the last decade.

It's nothing but conjecture and blind guessing that brings you to your conclusion... and you spout it off like it were fact. The fact of the matter is you don't know what circumstances brought OH to the situation that they are facing this year. Odds are it was multiple scenarios that prompted this give back... but I can bet you the main reason was the fact that those CRJs were wholly-owned and accessible to cancellation. It has nothing to do with contracts and earnings, pay, or QOL. That's just your own excuse making which allows you to look yourself in the mirror and sleep better for working for sh*t wages all these years.

Facts? I was in Comair management through the strike and left shortly after. I've watched as all this has unfolded and can tell you as FACT that had JC and the MEC been reasonable and negotiated in good faith prior to the strike, not tried to make an example and "reset" industry pay standards and avoided the work action altogether, Comair would have never been priced out of the competition and would have grown at a greater pace than Skywest or other DCI carriers. Costs were so high that new airframes went to other DCI carriers as well as new markets. As the 200 became less profitable, there was no shift to larger airframes leaving the company at a standstill.

I know about the facts, I was there and part of those "facts." As far as current marketablilty, what holding company on earth would want to deal with that labor situation? We all know that they are not going to work with Delta to make the company attractive to an investor. I can't imagine labor suddenly having a change in heart there to save the company.

Facts? I was in Comair management through the strike and left shortly after. I've watched as all this has unfolded and can tell you as FACT that had JC and the MEC been reasonable and negotiated in good faith prior to the strike, not tried to make an example and "reset" industry pay standards and avoided the work action altogether, Comair would have never been priced out of the competition and would have grown at a greater pace than Skywest or other DCI carriers. Costs were so high that new airframes went to other DCI carriers as well as new markets. As the 200 became less profitable, there was no shift to larger airframes leaving the company at a standstill.

I know about the facts, I was there and part of those "facts." As far as current marketablilty, what holding company on earth would want to deal with that labor situation? We all know that they are not going to work with Delta to make the company attractive to an investor. I can't imagine labor suddenly having a change in heart there to save the company.

FACT - Comair's pay rates are not uncompetitive. Factor in the 1 year loss of longevity due to the BK and we are actually below industry standard.
FACT - Comair's pilot group longevity is what makes the labor cost uncompetitive.
FACT - Delta has 1/2 Comair and will 1/2 again making every pilot (both FO & CA) at the top of their respective pay scale.

FACT - Delta did this.

Don't worry too much Vandeley one of your female FO's was just telling my FO the other day that they are using this as a scare tactic. She said that they are painting 36 CRJ90's up in Montreal right now that are for Comair. Hopefully she is right.

Don't worry too much Vandeley one of your female FO's was just telling my FO the other day that they are using this as a scare tactic. She said that they are painting 36 CRJ90's up in Montreal right now that are for Comair. Hopefully she is right.
I think we are way past scare tactics. Freddy's nightmare is now being played out...

Delta doesn't want us anymore. They may come to us but they will go to SkyWest after SkyWest buys Comair's assets and leaves the employees behind. We're screwed over all the way around.

Latest resources

Back