• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cmr Situation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Leave your 757/767 cockpit and go fly an aerostar or metro single pilot?

I am sorry sir but I would have to say that the guy in the 75 already has been there and done that. I know i have and remember some nights so bad that i followed the plow truck to the runway and sat in position while they cleared a swath.

NBD approaches to mins at 3am and circle to land with 25 knot winds in canada single pilot

Blown motor on a Baron just as I hit the slop on takeoff in icing conditions at 300 feet in a valley

Been there done that didnt die and didnt touch a 121 cockpit until i had over 6000 hrs

What experience does a 400hr gulfstream, atp, or riddle 0 to job in 18 months bring to his regional cockpit? Theory of experience 101???

I absolutely and completely agree with you. The "400 hour wonder" pilots have done a lot to destroy the professionalism and competency associated with 121 aviation. (Think Pinnacle's 410 Club, for example)

My point was that it is very easy to forget where you came from -- whether it's a 75 guy looking at a Baron pilot or Ray Lewis talking to a city club team linebacker. You obviously have a wealth of experience from the events you cited. So why is it that a Delta pilot must check my wings/id before simply saying hello to me or acknowledging me when I say hello? Why am I his enemy? I don't have a say in any decisions that are made about who gets new planes or who flies given routes or who can flow back after furlough. I hate regional airlines as much as he does...but right now I'm just trying to survive to be able to move on.

For the record, I've never had a mainline (or any other) pilot "check my ID" before saying hello. Nor have I ever had any problems jumpseating on any carrier.

Maybe it's just me.

just another reason why you should not say to yourself "I think I like it here (insert regional carrier name here), I have comfortable pay and a great schedule AND I do not have to commute. I am living the high life so I am not going to a major and risk having to commute, be Junior for a long time and go back on reserve. Notice to all regional pilots. Please stay at your regional since you have it so good, that will take away a lot of resumes they have to sift through in order to get to mine. Ha Ha

Nup. "All flying performed by or for the Company or any affiliate will be performed by pilots in accordance with the terms and conditions of this PWA.

That is a quote, huckleberry. You won't find that quote in the Comair contract. The RJDC settled for a reason. Keep trying though.
:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Why, then, do you do less than 50% of the flying? What is it that you own--the piece of paper that your contract is written on?

just another reason why you should not say to yourself "I think I like it here (insert regional carrier name here), I have comfortable pay and a great schedule AND I do not have to commute. I am living the high life so I am not going to a major and risk having to commute, be Junior for a long time and go back on reserve. Notice to all regional pilots. Please stay at your regional since you have it so good, that will take away a lot of resumes they have to sift through in order to get to mine. Ha Ha

What thread are you on? "just another reason why you should not say to yourself "I think I like it here"

You must like it here.

Why, then, do you do less than 50% of the flying? What is it that you own--the piece of paper that your contract is written on?

If you can't read, you cannot be helped. You are right. Delta pilots do not perform all of their flying. Neither does every other major out there, cargo carriers included. here's the thing though. Comair performs 100% of its flying, yet is going away at an alarming rate.
I'll take Delta

The Delta pilots own the flying. Comair is a contractor, subject to removal at any time.

Last edited:
If you can't read, you cannot be helped. You are right. Delta pilots do not perform all of their flying.
And, Delta pilots do not own the flying. They only own a piece of paper that says so--but does not make it true. If you really owned the flying, then Delta pilots would be doing the flying. Make it happen and I will be the first to salute you. Until then, you perform the flying that Delta, Inc, gives you, just as Comair performs the flying that they are given.

Neither does every other major out there, cargo carriers included. here's the thing though. Comair performs 100% of its flying, yet is going away at an alarming rate.
As of today, Comair is still in business. No one on this forum knows what the future holds for Comair. The assigned flying that Comair is doing has been reducing, but the point is, the flying is not going away, and it is not going to Mainline. So, where is it going (rhetorical)? Joe Knows.
I'll take Delta

The Delta pilots own the flying. Comair is a contractor, subject to removal at any time.
You are confused. Delta pilots have the same corporate relationship to Delta, Inc, as Comair pilots. They both work for separate, but wholly-owned subsidiaries of Delta, Inc. Delta, Inc. owns and distributes the flying. Delta pilots own a piece of paper that makes them believe that they own the flying. If they owned the flying, then Delta pilots would be performing the flying. The piece of paper they own is like a mirage in the desert or a big pacifier--a False Quit Claim Deed. Interestingly enough, a large amount of the flying that Delta, Inc. owns is contracted out. Can Delta pilots terminate or execute those contracts? If they owned or really controlled the flying, then the answer would be yes!

Like Skywest with its 18 year plus contract and such. Really sounds like Delta owns the flying!!!!

Latest resources

Back