• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citationair recalls all furloughs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great news! What fleets are the furloughees typically returning to - any one fleet more than the others due to fleet growth, etc.?

Any guess as to what percentage of the furloughed pilots have found jobs elsewhere and won't return (i.e., when could street hiring begin again)?

Here is whats going on, they are at the bottom of the list, HR has also been instucted to get the web page in order so they can open the application window. (this from the prez mouth) they are expecting to need more pilots as other contracts are fast approaching.

The system set up was you can bypaass as many times as you can until no one is junior to you any longer, at that point you must either return or terminate recall rights, they are not at that point yet but 1 or 2 away. The management announced they would NOT terminate any military guys that had to re up a contract until that contract expired and at that time they have to accept ( when available) non military not so.

Last class was assigned the excel and the CJ3 bid just closed on this round and soverign, excel, and cj3 have openings for returning folks. Ten has gone very sr as has the excel plus. Cj 4s are coming 1-2 but they will go the same as the plus i am sure.

Sould be about 350-60 pilots total now but who really knows right now.

As for needing a C B A I think CA is doing pretty well without one, this was all listed out in the company handbook and they have followed thier rules very well. Guys coming back now have been gone since Dec of 07.....this is doing the right thing by the mnagement.

Last edited:
Here is whats going on, they are at the bottom of the list, HR has also been instucted to get the web page in order so they can open the application window. (this from the prez mouth) they are expecting to need more pilots as other contracts are fast approaching.

The system set up was you can bypaass as many times as you can until no one is junior to you any longer, at that point you must either return or terminate recall rights, they are not at that point yet but 1 or 2 away. The management announced they would NOT terminate any military guys that had to re up a contract until that contract expired and at that time they have to accept ( when available) non military not so.

Last class was assigned the excel and the CJ3 bid just closed on this round and soverign, excel, and cj3 have openings for returning folks. Ten has gone very sr as has the excel plus. Cj 4s are coming 1-2 but they will go the same as the plus i am sure.

Sould be about 350-60 pilots total now but who really knows right now.

As for needing a C B A I think CA is doing pretty well without one, this was all listed out in the company handbook and they have followed thier rules very well. Guys coming back now have been gone since Dec of 07.....this is doing the right thing by the mnagement.

Rigger,

Thanks for the detailed response. A couple of follow-up questions.

1. How many Xs do you have and how many more are expected? I thought I read two Xs at the moment. Are the new Xs with winglets, etc. expected in the future?
2. How many XLS+ do you have and how many more expected?
3. How many CJ4s are you expecting to get? I hear that airplane is awesome from a friend who flies one Part 91
4. What is the policy for bidding new aircraft - is there a seat-lock if you bid the X as an FO and you currently fly the XLS (as an example)?

Guys coming back now have been gone since Dec of 07.....this is doing the right thing by the mnagement.[/QUOTE said:
Really since the furloughs did not start till Jan 2009. Also we will be coming back to less pay than when we left, reduced retirement and disability benefits, and while health insurance cost have sky rocketed. Yeah things are just fine with not need for outside help.

Last edited:
Really since the furloughs did not start till Jan 2009. Also we will be coming back to less pay than when we left, reduced retirement and disability benefits, and while health insurance cost have sky rocketed. Yeah things are just fine with not need for outside help.

Your right my bad mis-type, it was Dec 09 Dec 31st to be exact was the last day of work for the folks I spoke about.

Now for the other stuff, you are right they did reduce our pay raise, the returning folks actually will see a pay cut from when you left until your first anniversary back then you will be on par with everyone else on that year pay. The did bring you bck though on the same year pay you left at....Since you were terminated and not furloughed I agree with you that was done with no outside help, that they brought us back in seniority order was also done with no outside help not bad either since we are really the only company bringing any back in force. I agree there was BS with the Disability and retirement....but they still match on the 401K (just not as much) this is still free money, the insurance went up for me and my family from when I left $27 a month....wow that evil company!!! Now they do get rid of the PPO and the HMO and the other sudo is all thats left but hey it's still Cigna I have it and I am happy for it!

Hey I am not the enemy here by the way my card is in and if the pilots want a vote then they should get one im not gonna get in the way! Things are not perfect but let me say this

We make 58K+ to fly right seat in a single pilot approved aircraft, we make 55.30 a day per diem, stay in Hiltons, Marriotts, etc etc (for the most part) fly extremely well maintained equipment, And will make 6 figures as a 4-5 year Captain......not the best but damn it man wake the hell up it's not terrible.....believe me while on Furlough I know terrible!

Sure we can improve things But so can Netjets, or Flex, or even Options (and they just got a contract) Hell Netjets is talking another 300 (if not more)(Pray not guys) and we just brought back 50 guys with more needed most likely.......Thats not so bad from where I sit with no representation in one of the worst economys, with no movement in an entire industry....Company could have done many things worse......

1. How many Xs do you have and how many more are expected? I thought I read two Xs at the moment. Are the new Xs with winglets, etc. expected in the future?

As of right now (as far as the list avail) There are 7 X's, Just got the first one with winglets ( not sure if thats in the 7 or not)

2. How many XLS+ do you have and how many more expected?

There are 2 XLS+ that I know of today (maybe more) no idea as to expectations. They just awarded 4 + Capts and 4 +F/O's and 2 Supervisor Capt's These guys will be the first trained and will fly all 3 varients of the XL fleet

3. How many CJ4s are you expecting to get? I hear that airplane is awesome from a friend who flies one Part 91

As many as we can ( not smartass Got this exact answer last week) right now one in the works but deal is not done yet so really who knows. As per the XL fleet it will probably be treated as a variant and have pilots bid it's availability.

4. What is the policy for bidding new aircraft - is there a seat-lock if you bid the X as an FO and you currently fly the XLS (as an example)?[/QUOTE]

When given a new A/C (bid or assigned) you get a 39 month seat lock (this can be lifted if needs arise but pretty much stays with you) After you can bid by seniority into whatever you can hold based on the open bids when they are announced and come available (so if you are the only one who wants a ten and your the bottom guy you can hold it, bid it and get it. Once in you cant be bumped off the equipment) now you got it you also have a 39 month lock. The lock is lifted if you come up to bid as captain then a new lock as captain in that A/C you are awarded.

DISCLAIMER FOR THE FLAMERS ON HERE: This info is the best I got based on my putrid position as Junior F/O I am sure some is wrong but most is right! If nothing is wrong then understand I actually retained something form indoc and the guys in the training center should be very proud as this is no small feat!

Your right my bad mis-type, it was Dec 09 Dec 31st to be exact was the last day of work for the folks I spoke about.

Now for the other stuff, you are right they did reduce our pay raise, the returning folks actually will see a pay cut from when you left until your first anniversary back then you will be on par with everyone else on that year pay. The did bring you bck though on the same year pay you left at....Since you were terminated and not furloughed I agree with you that was done with no outside help, that they brought us back in seniority order was also done with no outside help not bad either since we are really the only company bringing any back in force. I agree there was BS with the Disability and retirement....but they still match on the 401K (just not as much) this is still free money, the insurance went up for me and my family from when I left $27 a month....wow that evil company!!! Now they do get rid of the PPO and the HMO and the other sudo is all thats left but hey it's still Cigna I have it and I am happy for it!

Hey I am not the enemy here by the way my card is in and if the pilots want a vote then they should get one im not gonna get in the way! Things are not perfect but let me say this

We make 58K+ to fly right seat in a single pilot approved aircraft, we make 55.30 a day per diem, stay in Hiltons, Marriotts, etc etc (for the most part) fly extremely well maintained equipment, And will make 6 figures as a 4-5 year Captain......not the best but damn it man wake the hell up it's not terrible.....believe me while on Furlough I know terrible!

Sure we can improve things But so can Netjets, or Flex, or even Options (and they just got a contract) Hell Netjets is talking another 300 (if not more)(Pray not guys) and we just brought back 50 guys with more needed most likely.......Thats not so bad from where I sit with no representation in one of the worst economys, with no movement in an entire industry....Company could have done many things worse......

Aim for nothing and you will hit it every time!

Latest resources

Back