Citation Shares--Pilot Life??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
how is the 90 minutes determined?

I'm not absolutely sure about that. I would imagine it's meant as 90 minutes driving time. Who knows by what method they determine this?

But they absolutely FORCE you to live within 90 minutes of your domicile. You must show proof of residence. No commuting. No crashpads, etc. Be ready to accept these terms if you are interested in employment there. No exceptions...(except of course, those exceptions they have already made for some).

Trainer Jet,

Are you saying that if a pilot doesn't comply with the company base policy there may be consequences for that pilot??? I agree, that is so unfair! Also, what are the circumstances that surround these "exceptions" you speak of?

If it's the company policy then who cares and what is the point of whining about it unless you work for them? I would venture to guess that that policy might change if the company keeps growing just like the domiciles have expanded.

I like some other folks here, have also heard some folks that got in early were grandfathered in. That is not a surprise and not uncommon for smaller companies that grow with policy changes.

Some of the negatives about them are:

1. You have to go to recurrent on your days off.

2. They do not pay you overtime to go to recurrent on your days off.

3. You have to use your OWN credit card for expenses on the road (fully reimbursable).

4. Merit system seniority. (enough said)

Using your own credit card is not a problem - think of all of the points you can accrue.... I'd rather use my own card.

Lear23driver said:
Trainer Jet,

Are you saying that if a pilot doesn't comply with the company base policy there may be consequences for that pilot??? I agree, that is so unfair! Also, what are the circumstances that surround these "exceptions" you speak of?

I never said it was "unfair". All I did was point out their policy, and re-iterate that they are serious about enforcing it. No commuting and no craschpads.

As fot the "exceptions", I have been told (I don't work there, but know someone who does), that while there are some that have been "grandfathered" from this policy, there are a few others hired after this policy was implemented who seem to have been selectively exempted from this policy. Then there have been others who sought relief from this policy due to what they felt were legitimate circumstances, only to be denied. Probably has something to do with that merit system learflyer mentioned.

Last edited:
A 5-Star pilot told me the other day that the junior guys most likely go to the Excel fleet since they fly the most. He said something like 30-35 hours a week! With more jet experience, he told me the CJ would be the preferred assignment at around 20 hours per week. It doesn't sound right, but that's what I remember being told while in TEB. I probably misunderstood. :rolleyes:

-pj

Whats wrong with merit system senority and promotion?

Any business outside an airline - this is how it works.

Using your own credit card to finance the companys expenses is not a good idea. I have worked for and am currently working for a place where I have to use my credit card for company expenses on the road. I would prefer my credit card be cut up and thrown away, but with this situation it is not viable. If a company is large enough to trust a pilot with a new aircraft they should be able to work something out for pilot expenses on the road..

My 2 cents..

Latest resources

Back