Citation Shares--Pilot Life??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gulfstream 200

A merit system works great if you only have 6 guys all based out of the same place

Once you have a large amount of pilots (you choose the number) a merit based system is out the window.

I believe the following phrase is true. You at NJA have the senority to upgrade. You passing upgrade is based on you as a pilot. We give you the oportunity you have the option to screw it up.

I know a guy at CS that asked me how I like my union. My response was I knew when I was going to upgrade. You have no idea when your going to upgrade and if your going to upgrade.

Before you jump all over me about the union. FLOPS does the same thing based on senority. Oh and my grandfather was one of the biggest union busters out there. He broke more heads than boston police. He'd roll over in his grave if he knew about me in a union.

C/S

If a company is up front about the way they do business and you don't like it don't take the job. They are the one that is paying your check each month. I have worked the last 38 years as a union pilot, I did not try and change the rules. If I take a job that is not union or seniority based I will know it going in. No I would never scab, but I would take a merit based job. Mobie

diesel..

Oh Im not totally anti-union..but I just cant see how they are helping you fractional guys..
Dont even bring up that contract thing...
but I wont jump into something I dont experience so I will leave it at that...

Merit based raises and promotions work just fine in many organizations (granted we only have 30 or so pilots) but there is no complaining...

Outside of an airline or an auto assembly plant this is just how it works. And I certainly dont want to work somewhere who models themselves after either of the above. But thats just an opinion. If you feel better knowing when you will upgrade - so be it. We only hire Captains.

I suppose different operations require different needs - and a strong Union may be the best thing for you. Either way I agree, if it was there when you signed on -- support it.

But hey, any CitationsShares guys want to comment on how this system works there?

I would be curious to hear..

Is pay based on the merit system or is just bonuses and awards?

Also how much pay are these bonuses?

Transitioning from one airplane to another is also based on merit?

Is there more people in HPN that are getting upgrades than somewhere else in the system?

How many times a year do you fly with a standards captain?

Thanks for all the info.

Hud said:
We are also required to fly with our PM periodically.
This would be impossible with NJA, and helps justify a seniority system (for us). The Citation X program manager oversees 330+ pilots in "his" program. As well as 84 aircraft under his control (approx double CitationShares total fleet). Not many merit based corp CPs could fathom 330 pilots and 84 aircraft. Also consider that each pilot and aircraft is only in CMH once or twice per year. There is no possible way he could fly with each pilot in a calendar year. If he did, who would be minding the store in CMH? I think we have about 14 people named Smith. What are the odds someone will remember each individual's merits at review time?

After that, the amounts of our yearly raises are indeed merit-based. That goes for the bonus as well.

Hud - the bonus is not merit based. It is a uniform percentage dertermined by how the company itself performs. The percent bonus is the same for every pilot and is in addition to his base salary. Add in 55.20/day in per diem and I think CS offers a very good deal.

I think that what your pm's do and what our pm's do are two totally seperate things. Ours are more for operationally running. We have instructors and IOE captains that do any line checks that are needed.

Pilot paradise

Like I said in a previous post. Citation shares = pilot utopia.

Paradise awaits at CS.

:cool:

Latest resources

Back