• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

China

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why is there a HUGE disparate difference in pay between the A-320 in China and other Boeings? Most contracts have a 2-3K higher salary for the A-320. The 737 NG and the 777 and 747 are widely utilized in China but don't pay near as well as the A-320.

there is an airbus factory in Tianjin so there's a bunch more of these flying
they're adding capacity so fast, they can't crew them. it is simple demand.

also, there are more boeing pilots on the street so they're more available. I would submit this based on the fact there are many Europeans, and south americans over here flying boeings

the boeing pay will come up though ..it has to....200 new boeings coming to china in the next two years

there is an airbus factory in Tianjin so there's a bunch more of these flying
they're adding capacity so fast, they can't crew them. it is simple demand.

also, there are more boeing pilots on the street so they're more available. I would submit this based on the fact there are many Europeans, and south americans over here flying boeings

the boeing pay will come up though ..it has to....200 new boeings coming to china in the next two years

I am waiting for a 6 weeks on 3 weeks off, around 14k per month, NG Captain deal, is it coming soon or not...your thoughts

I am waiting for a 6 weeks on 3 weeks off, around 14k per month, NG Captain deal, is it coming soon or not...your thoughts

No only opportunities like this will start popping up in China and S.E. Asia in general but as the demand for experienced pilots increases, there will be an increase in salary as well. The supply and demand aspect is what determines the pilot salaries and not really the location of the factory where the A/C's are built, there are simply more Boeing than Air Bus drivers out there but the applications are drying up, all operators are having trouble meeting their new hire quotas.
You will also start seeing some opportunities for experienced pilots to cross train between Boeing and Air Bus just like we saw for a short period before the world economy took a dive

Last edited:
If you are an A-320 Captain with 500 hours PIC some amazing opportunities are out there. The Boeing pay is lagging but maybe as pointed out it is simply a supply and demand issue. Here is a 6/2 commuting opportunity for an A-320 gig. This is widely available out there so I won't post a source.
Compensation (net/after taxes in China):
US$16,333 made up of:
US$14,000 base service fee per month
US$ 833 travel allowance (US$5,000 reimbursement paid every 6 months)
US$ 1,000 completion bonus (US$24,000 paid at the end of 24 months of service)
US$ 500 flight safety bonus (US$ discretionary paid at the end of each year)

Approximately US$214,000 per year with overtime.

Contract Term:
2 years (renewable)

Work Schedule:
After 6 weeks of duty, off work for 14 days.

d.fitz, pay is also good for FO's, also there are many very attractive free upgrade deals available in China.

Latest resources

Back