• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HMR

I Live by the River.
Two questions:

#1- I just got a call from a friend who wants to take 120pax from SoCal to Poland for a one week trip in July. Anyone have experience moving that many pax on a charter? Who should they call?

#2- The boss is talking about taking 20-25 family members on vacation to Hawaii for a week in April. I'm thinking a BBJ would work perfectly. Who (besides Lacy) has a BBJ for charter in SoCal? I'd like to contact the operator directly to avoid broker fees.

Thanks!

HMR

For the Hawaii trip, shoot me a pm. I fly a 727 that seats 23. It includes a stateroom with a shower. We've done a few to Hawaii in the last year.

Besides the obvious airlines, people like Rousch Racing have 727's in charter, the 707 that Bon Jovi on was a charter aircraft, The Stones and Bono both used Jazz, the Canadian charter operation.

We looked into taking one of Aloha's 737's last year for a group of 80 ... just was going to be on their schedule, not ours.

Can't help you with #1, but the Air Charter Guide probably could. Or, for that matter, if you have friends dispatching (sorry, "flight coordinating") for any large 135 operators, they should know who to contact.

As for #2, you shouldn't have any problem finding a 14-seat Gulfstream, and I even know of an 18-seat one, then that combined with your airplane would probably be the best way to go.

HMR said:
Two questions:

#1- I just got a call from a friend who wants to take 120pax from SoCal to Poland for a one week trip in July. Anyone have experience moving that many pax on a charter? Who should they call?

#2- The boss is talking about taking 20-25 family members on vacation to Hawaii for a week in April. I'm thinking a BBJ would work perfectly. Who (besides Lacy) has a BBJ for charter in SoCal? I'd like to contact the operator directly to avoid broker fees.

Thanks!

HMR

HMR,

Go to www.aircharterguide.com, and enter your parameters in the box, left-hand side of homepage. However, my two cents (operator, phone #, contact):

#1 - ATA Airlines, 317-282-4150, Betsy Nocton; Aviation Technologies, 570-457-4147, Jim or Mike Gallagher; Sportsflight Airways, 415-362-4315, Brian Moss; Miami Air, 305-876-3600, Michael Hackert

#2 - Ready Jet Go, 732-688-7806, Pat Guadagno; SkyOne, 866-359-7591, Peri Papanikolaou; Victory Air Transport, 954-635-9260, Sandy Baresic

Hope this helps. If not, pm me.

Latest resources

Back