• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Change is in the air at XOJET...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I sure hope NOT. Never much like it when a new boss is named and he brings along a band of syncophants at the expense of the folks that have been with the department for years. It's happened before but maybe not this time.

Lots of great people at MGM. I'm sure they will decide for themselves on the new boss.

that is exactly what happened at XOJ. The merry men started showing up a few months after he arrived.

I sure hope NOT. Never much like it when a new boss is named and he brings along a band of syncophants at the expense of the folks that have been with the department for years. It's happened before but maybe not this time.

Lots of great people at MGM. I'm sure they will decide for themselves on the new boss.

Oh I hope MGM reconsiders sometime after he's left XOJet and he gets left high and dry. In no way am I wishing ill will on anybody out there. We just want him and his web of yes men (and women) gone so that this place can return to the potential it had years ago. There are several questions MGM evidently didn't ask, and they must have been very selective in who they talked to when checking his background. Good luck to MGM folks...

Wonder what this guy has to say about his critics? I had heard that he only had good things to say about them.

Usually, when you disrespect a current or former supervisor, or employer, you disrespect yourself for not leaving if it was so bad. However, it is a natural human reaction to gripe as it seems to deliver some short term pleasure.

I literally just got off the phone with my "no good idiot son-in-law":) who just heard that didn't get a promotion he wanted...lost out to another fellow who "is a 100% hack who nobody likes". I explained that obviously some people did appreciate the guy's work and that if he wanted to be a real man and get the next bump, he should approach the situation with a positive attitude which includes congratulating the guy who got the promotion. He said I was full of it and that he hoped the guy would fail greatly. What a wonderful way to deal with a minor event in one's life...:confused:

Rumors are they're in some sort of talks with Flight Options.

This rumor just CAN'T be true. That is, unless XO has a fleet of "previously enjoyed" GV's that no one knows about...

;):D

Wonder what this guy has to say about his critics? I had heard that he only had good things to say about them.

Usually, when you disrespect a current or former supervisor, or employer, you disrespect yourself for not leaving if it was so bad. However, it is a natural human reaction to gripe as it seems to deliver some short term pleasure.

I literally just got off the phone with my "no good idiot son-in-law":) who just heard that didn't get a promotion he wanted...lost out to another fellow who "is a 100% hack who nobody likes". I explained that obviously some people did appreciate the guy's work and that if he wanted to be a real man and get the next bump, he should approach the situation with a positive attitude which includes congratulating the guy who got the promotion. He said I was full of it and that he hoped the guy would fail greatly. What a wonderful way to deal with a minor event in one's life...:confused:

gret,

Sorry to hear about you're son in law. Sounds like he's still young and needs some perspective.

As for XOJET, I did leave, and I resigned a top 10 seniority number in doing so. Yes, I left for a better job, but don't think for one second the man in question did not figure largely into my decision. I generally think you are fairly insightful, but in this case you couldn't be further off the mark. When EVERYONE has the same opinion, and you have personally witnessed repeated and consistent atrocious behavior over years, there is more to it than a few young guys griping. I hope he cleans up his act and learns from his experience at XO. There was a large line at the new CEO's door complaining about this gentleman's bad behavior, and he's leaving a massive pile of would be stock options behind. You do the math.

Sounds like things worked out well for you. Finding a new opportunity and crediting the decision partly to a unsavory character is fair and warranted.

My point wasn't to justify a bad apple's behavior, but to suggest that trashing a fellow who has left is bad form and can come back to bite you in the butt. Assuming he was a creep and everyone is happy he is gone, have a drink and some laughs...don't lower oneself to a level that makes you look petty. Solid people don't participate in schadenfreude...the joy in the misfortune of others.

I'll trust you view that he had serious flaws...hopefully he will work thru them...and that his former employer and co-workers are in a better place.

I don't see things changing. Just as the copilots at XOJET are forced to become a chameleon and suffer through endless "technique" brow beatings, our DO did the same for those far above his pay grade. Nothing has changed at the daddy war bucks level, therefore nothing will change for the employees of XOJET.

MGM sounds like a wonderful flight department. While I breathe a sigh a relief that my application arrived to late to be considered during the last wave of hiring. I do not worry for my friends in the flight department. Likely XOJETS former DO will be treated as well as the pilot group of MGM and they will continue to be paid well, pilots will continue to flourish and be allowed to grow with a quick upgrade much unlike XOJET.

Like a totem pole or a toilet bowl it all comes from the top down. I don't feel the current system of oppression was due to one man.

I dunno how I came across this site, but it seems none of the reviews have anything nice to say about management there: http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/XOJET-Reviews-E229772.htm

Geez...that's depressing reading...same theme over and over again.

Wonder what would happen if you had the same type of review for any other company...would the comments basically be the same? I think so...but I don't know.

If I felt that bad about my employer, I would take a hike.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back