Change is in the air at XOJET...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

t-bone

...and some changes are good. COO/DO has resigned. Moving on to MGM in LAS, according to an email they got today.

Please provide any insight you have ....
good or bad on DC. I have friends at MGM that would appreciate any info you are willing to provide. Thank you.

Congrats to all the XO guys!!! Will BH take over as DO, or will the TWC guy take over after the merger?

Condolences to the MGM flight department. This is not good news for you.

...and some changes are good. COO/DO has resigned. Moving on to MGM in LAS, according to an email they got today.

I thought everything was groovy at XOJET. I was under the impression the company was cruising in smooth air, on autopilot?

Congrats to all the XO guys!!! Will BH take over as DO, or will the TWC guy take over after the merger?

Condolences to the MGM flight department. This is not good news for you.

Details please why outgoing DO so bad? I thot all was good at XOJet. I also hadn't heard anything about a merger but only a partnership with TWC and TMC.

Was he a former ACA/Indy guy ? (DC) If so I hope the guys/gals in Vegas like an abundance of memory items and a very chatty cockpit. I still feel the need to call out all FMA's :)

Was he a former ACA/Indy guy ? (DC) If so I hope the guys/gals in Vegas like an abundance of memory items and a very chatty cockpit. I still feel the need to call out all FMA's :)

YUP same guy from ACA. Any other insights good or bad? I believe he was a regional CP for awhile at ACA.

Wish I could help you out more but I had very limited interaction with him. He was known for not playing well with the other kids sort of mentality. (my way or the highway) he was integral in the CRJ training program that soon became known for an abundance of pink slips. (lucky me, I dodged that bullet). In his defense, we had lost a J41 not that long prior and heavy emphasis was being placed on the transition of long time steam gauge pilots over to glass, so that may have had something to do with his approach. I don't necessarily disagree with the philosophy but in my opinion he lacked the people skills to implement them with out pissing off most that he came in contact with. It's all water under the bridge for me but many I know would not have pissed on him and a few others if they were on fire. Your mileage may vary. I guess it comes down to what capacity MGM is hiring him. If his interaction with the masses is limited you will fine (he isn't a dummy) but if his social skills are still underdeveloped then it may be interesting. My info is a bit dated so maybe some of the XO guys/gals can give you some up to date intel on him. Good Luck

Last edited:
Wish I could help you out more but I had very limited interaction with him. He was known for not playing well with the other kids sort of mentality. (my way or the highway) he was integral in the CRJ training program that soon became known for an abundance of pink slips. (lucky me, I dodged that bullet). In his defense, we had lost a J41 not that long prior and heavy emphasis was being placed on the transition of long time steam gauge pilots over to glass, so that may have had something to do with his approach. I don't necessarily disagree with the philosophy but in my opinion he lacked the people skills to implement them with out pissing off most that he came in contact with. It's all water under the bridge for me but many I know would not have pissed on him and a few others if they were on fire. Your mileage may vary. I guess it comes down to what capacity MGM is hiring him. If his interaction with the masses is limited you will fine (he isn't a dummy) but if his social skills are still underdeveloped then it may be interesting. My info is a bit dated so maybe some of the XO guys/gals can give you some up to date intel on him. Good Luck

Thanks so much. People grow and change for the better often times over time. Hopefully this is the case as he will be leading another flight dept with the newest most advanced large cabin biz jets. Good people there who wanna know. I will pass it on. Anyone from XOJet care to offer additional info?

Latest resources

Back