• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Change is in the air at XOJET...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That rumor has been floating around Options for some time..Just like the Flex deal you won't know til after the fact

The anecdotal evidence of where money is being spent says no we're not in trouble. Paychecks arrive on time and don't bounce. Vendors are paid on time and in full. Fleet wide upgrade to Gogo Text & Talk in progress. Initial new hire type ratings and transition training type ratings all in progress. Almost 100% increase in daily OT rate effective Nov 2013. Pay raises for pilots effective Jan 1. Pilot attrition has been incredible and they are finally admitting it's a problem and the purse strings are starting to loosen up.

With all that being said, I'm just a pilot and nowhere near the circle of trust. Just an observers opinion. Looking for strategic opportunities to expand? Yes. As in the GMJ/intel shuttle contract that we now operate.

The anecdotal evidence of where money is being spent says no we're not in trouble. Paychecks arrive on time and don't bounce. Vendors are paid on time and in full. Fleet wide upgrade to Gogo Text & Talk in progress. Initial new hire type ratings and transition training type ratings all in progress. Almost 100% increase in daily OT rate effective Nov 2013. Pay raises for pilots effective Jan 1. Pilot attrition has been incredible and they are finally admitting it's a problem and the purse strings are starting to loosen up.

With all that being said, I'm just a pilot and nowhere near the circle of trust. Just an observers opinion. Looking for strategic opportunities to expand? Yes. As in the GMJ/intel shuttle contract that we now operate.

I'd agree with your assessment. I used to work for a larger 135 and when they got in trouble it was widely known that Bombardier was holding aircraft at BAS facilities for payment, parts were COD, and other similar nonsense. Even then some had their heads in the sand. Doesn't sound like XO is in a similar situation. Attrition will probably be an issue for everyone with the big 121's hiring.

Is XO in trouble or just a possible expansion?

I would say yes their in trouble. Recently a xo customer told me that xo was charging hourly rates so low because they needed cash and said there was no way they could keep doing it and stay in business.

Maybe DAC is waiting like a vulture to pick up what's leftover from them. I think Pete Liegl would be a fool to try to acquire them.

I would say yes their in trouble. Recently a xo customer told me that xo was charging hourly rates so low because they needed cash and said there was no way they could keep doing it and stay in business.

Maybe DAC is waiting like a vulture to pick up what's leftover from them. I think Pete Liegl would be a fool to try to acquire them.

Well, based on that premise, we've been in trouble since the day I flew a trip from TEB-VNY for $14,500. That was 6 years ago. You see, the thing is, when we need to move a plane into position for a client that is paying $8500/hour with a 2 hour minimum, we sometimes go to the wholesale markets and fire-sale that one-way leg. The airplane is going regardless, may as well get someone else to pay for the gas. Your passengers, on that particular day, could have gotten one of those deals. It's all part of the model to minimize empty legs.

Latest resources

Back