• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Challenger 350 question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At least the 605 would have an FA.... When is the first 605 expected on property?

The CL605s are scheduled to start arriving late 2015

at what rate? Depends on how well they sell

The 605 will work hard. Lots of coast to coast and Caribbean trips (Families with 15 bags, etc). And i assume some Europe as the G-IV/Vs are not CPDLC equipped

The company says they "still haven't decided" whether the 605 will have an FA (we need a face palm icon).....

Terry, my guess is we dump the remaining classic V's over the next 18-24 months and keep the 450's and 550's indefinitely. That means roughly 25 displacements and then status quo for a while. If you have at least 10-15 SIC's below you in the fleet, I doubt you'll be junior-manned to another fleet anytime soon.

My HOPE is that, eventually, cooler heads prevail (like maybe a NEW CEO) and they realize we need to operate Gulfstreams AND Globals to service the high end customers properly.

At least until I can retire from this traveling minstrel show anyway....

The CL605s are scheduled to start arriving late 2015

at what rate? Depends on how well they sell

The 605 will work hard. Lots of coast to coast and Caribbean trips (Families with 15 bags, etc). And i assume some Europe as the G-IV/Vs are not CPDLC equipped

Would the 605 basically play the roll that the F2000 is playing now?

The company says they "still haven't decided" whether the 605 will have an FA (we need a face palm icon).....

Terry, my guess is we dump the remaining classic V's over the next 18-24 months and keep the 450's and 550's indefinitely. That means roughly 25 displacements and then status quo for a while. If you have at least 10-15 SIC's below you in the fleet, I doubt you'll be junior-manned to another fleet anytime soon.

My HOPE is that, eventually, cooler heads prevail (like maybe a NEW CEO) and they realize we need to operate Gulfstreams AND Globals to service the high end customers properly.

At least until I can retire from this traveling minstrel show anyway....

Roger that Gut. The classics could leave tomorrow morning and it still wouldn't be fast enough....the 50 series have spoiled me. I thought being ADS C that we'd continue the Europe trips though.
I'm have 13 under me so it's a tossup. BUT I do have those GIV captains junior so maybe I can get a PIC spot, albeit in the small fleets. We shall see.

There are no plans to displace any currently flying over 40K planes into anything other than over 40k planes. So fear not, you'll be remaining in something known as a large cabin.

Latest resources

Back