• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Central Air Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
now i believe that they have 5 in GRR and none in YIP. I think that they just cover the YIP flying with the GRR planes.

When I was there, which was nearly 2 yrs ago, there were 2 based at YIP and I think one came from GRR to YIP then left. But that changes all the time, as we all know! :D

Amazing how much has changed in the last two years in this business. If you would have told me that this insane business would be in its current state today two years ago I wouldn't have believed you.

now i believe that they have 5 in GRR and none in YIP. I think that they just cover the YIP flying with the GRR planes.

there are 5 in grr.

yip still has 1, down from 2.
one does go in and out from GRR every night, though

Last edited:
Mr. Towner is great, Murray is from Europe and is great. Gary is great to work with on the phone and funny all around. But Towner's son-in-law, I forget his name is a f**king ******************************. Keep in mind he's not a pilot either, so he's clueless about weather. It's funny when you have to remind him that AA, NWA, AirTran, Southwest, and ATA cancelled all their flights into MDW in a blizzard and he still thinks you can go.

If your new and fresh, it's a good place to build time. You will be very sharp in the single pilot IFR down to mins everynight with atleast something INOP or deferred. Be careful, remember your the PIC(not dispatch) and enjoy an awesome piston twin

where is JT's son AT now? and BQ?

Yeah, where is AT at now? Did he get on with a regional or are there still none that desperate?

I heard (3rd hand info) that BQ is now flying vans in OMA. Good guy, taught me a lot!

AT is still in Kansas doing most of the initial-training ground classes, and flying routes every now and then.

Oh, AT's the son who got sent home from Mesa Airlines cause he couldnt pass the oral/checkride. Knows the AC-50 well though

Latest resources

Back