Central Air Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aussiefly

Anyone have any info on what it's like at centralairsoutwest. I've taken a quick look at their site and it's the normal Pt 135 mins. Anyone know whats competitive and how hard it would be to get Dallas or lubbock as base out of training.

Any info ont he operation would be appreciated.

cheers

Run in to these guys every now and then. I'd be shocked if it's difficult to get hired. Seem to be just like most other 135 cargo ops. Ticket, mins, pulse, you're in. Reportedly, pay sucks for the first 6 months, maintenance is good, owner is slightly nuts, may have to babysit PFTers, pay and schedule improve after 6 months is up. Oh, and there's a contract.

I tried to get on the website and its not very helpful about the mins and employment. Do you have the link to how you found the info?
thanks bud

I just went to: http://www.centralairsouthwest.com/qualif.html

and they had the following:
PIC TIME
FAA Commercial Pilot License with instrument and multi-engine ratings, a total time of 1,200 hours, 500 hours cross-country, 100 night, 75 instrument and current FAA Second Class Medical. If applicant possesses an MEI; 50 hours of total multi-engine time is required. If applicant doesn't posses an MEI; 100 hours of total multi-engine time is desired.

Bases

Cushing, OK, Tulsa, OK, Lubbock, TX, Dallas, TX, Kansas City, MO, St. Louis, MO, Springfield, MO, Omaha, NE, Springdale, AR, Memphis, TN, Nashville, TN, St. Paul, MN, Ypsilanti, MI, and Grand Rapids, MI.

Salary
For the first 6-months pilots are on probation, earning $1,700 per month. After probation is over, pilots can earn an average of $2,000-$2,200 per month plus a daily per-diem depending on route and duty assignment.
Paid vacation and holidays are earned after 1 year of full-time employment. After 90 days, health insurance is available to full time employees, Central Air Southwest pays 50% of the premium and the employee pays the other 50%.

They also have a 12mnth contract as i've just realised.

Anyway, thats about all I have. I'm going to give them a call later next week and just have a general chat with their CP and see what the go is with the place and vacancies etc. I was just hoping someone would have some inside info for me.

Anyway, cheers everyone.

I'm sure there are CASW guys on this board. I wouldn't swear to it, but I think "Irish Pilot" is or was there. Might try PMing him.

thanks aussiefly for the info, I dont quiet have the hours but are they single pilot op.? or are they looking for SICs?

From what little I know they are single pilot op BUT do run some sort of SIC program. Anyway, it wouldn't be a bad change of pace jumping into a commmander :)

I'll give the outfit a call next week and post some updated info.

cheers

I worked there last year and was based out of GRR. I built the multi-time up, did the 6 months and left. Overall, I would probably do it again. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask.

Been there, done that, PM me if you have questions. ;)

Latest resources

Back