• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cathay Cargo Questions - Atlanta Base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After reading these naive Cathay responses I couldn't imagine the stupidity at that place. FYI reading a paper at FL410 is safer than looking out into outer space it helps to relax the mind and keep fatigue at bay.

I have yet to fly with a Captain who didn't read a mag or newspaper on the trip.

______2 resignations off the freighter last week, and I was told another 6 to go this week. Something to do with US Air's final recall.________As of early September 07 all USAirways pilots who intended to return have been recalled. USAirways is hiring off the street now.

Last edited:
Any chance we could stop attacking the Cathay guys simply for offering their opinions (plus a lot of fact)?!

It's getting harder and harder to find good information on this board. Some of that is probably due to all the flaming.

Thanks to the Cathay guys for taking the time to tell us about their company so the rest of can make informed decisions about whether or not that company is a good fit for us.

Skyward80

Any chance we could stop attacking the Cathay guys simply for offering their opinions (plus a lot of fact)?!

It's getting harder and harder to find good information on this board. Some of that is probably due to all the flaming.

Thanks to the Cathay guys for taking the time to tell us about their company so the rest of can make informed decisions about whether or not that company is a good fit for us.

Skyward80

hey skyward-
drop me a line and ill fill you in with pros and cons
JS

Skyward80

Appreciate the post.

Probably not. Most airlines require reciprical Jumpseat agreements. We cant even jumpseat on our own freighters, and to jumpseat on the passenger flights you still have to pay the non-rev economy seat fare (on the plus side-wives and parents are allowed to sit in the actual jumpseat). Apparently they were working on some type of reciprical jumpseat deals prior to 9-11, but now its just not too feasible being a foreign carrier. However, being based out of JFK, I usually only do two trips a month or less. Between LCC positive space tickets, ID90s, and buddy passes, it's still better and cheaper than working for a Legacy and commuting 4 or 5 times a month to go sit in a crashpad.

Latest resources

Back