• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cathay Career progression

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SO's also do sims every month so i'm sure they are being evaluated all the time.

I'm not an SO so I may be wrong on all of these, but it seems to be pretty simmple.

No No No, it's should be: HE'S back!!! Providing information about stuff he is totally unfamiliar with, as always.

The next guy to claim that he is "just trying to help"..I am gonna puke!!!

Last edited:
No. Your competitive with those hours.

Best of luck

Has CX been making any exceptions to the DEFO mins? I have about 850 121 PIC in the Dash 8, and about 600 in the 737 (current job). of which half is in the 737NG with 180ETOPs. I sorta neither here nor there. what daya think? apply anyways?

Competitive Hours?

What are the competitive hours for a FO position? I currently have about 3000TT 1000 hours PIC jet and also about 1000 hours 121.

What are the competitive hours for a FO position? I currently have about 3000TT 1000 hours PIC jet and also about 1000 hours 121.

There have been exceptions but the "Majority" interviewed for F/O positions have;

4000+ TT
1000+ PIC (Jet)

Having said that, there have been guys with NO PIC time but 8-9000TT (Furloughees) and also guys with less than 4000TT but are Military. Many of our S/O's also have quite a bit of time. They also seem to favor the aircraft size (prop/jet) in which your time is in. I know a guy with a 1K pic time in a 1900 who is an S/O and another guy who has the same TT but his PIC was in an RJ and was offered an F/O interview.

Latest resources

Back