• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAT III Equipment/Operators

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've blocked out all memories of the -100's.

I sh!t you not: my FIRST FLIGHT out of IOE on the 72 panel was:
- Des Moines - Peoria - IND - Peoria - Des Moines,
- midnight hub turn,
- on a -100,
- deferred duel gauge, so running a fuel log,
- WITH A FED ONBOARD. He actually checked my math.....

America West

All Airbuses and 757's. 737's are Cat II.

We also are never dispatched with the intention of doing a CAT II, but may be able to do a CAT II due to an inflight loss of CAT III capability.

All CAT IIIs are autolands and CAT II (engine out) can autoland as well as certain CAT I's.

Dude, you may want to review the Precision Approach Flow Chart. I think you're confusing what's on the FMA with what you're flying (CAT III Single with emergency recovery vs. CAT III displayed under CAT II appr or vis. at the bottom of the chart). Double check the contaminated block. It leads one to a CAT II (assuming CAT II vis) manual landing. Unless I missed some obscure rev notice or 'technique' email, the PAFC says you can fly CAT II (autoland recommended).

Just trying to help a brother out. But what do I know, I'm on the JV squad!

Horizon does on all of there aircraft. (Dash-8 Q200/Q400, CRJ 700) Only regional that i know of to have their entire fleet CAT III.

And single-engine Cat III authorization on the Q400 (and I think the RJ was just added to SE authorization, too). Cat III mins apply to take-off alternates and destination alternates.

Dude, you may want to review the Precision Approach Flow Chart. I think you're confusing what's on the FMA with what you're flying (CAT III Single with emergency recovery vs. CAT III displayed under CAT II appr or vis. at the bottom of the chart). Double check the contaminated block. It leads one to a CAT II (assuming CAT II vis) manual landing. Unless I missed some obscure rev notice or 'technique' email, the PAFC says you can fly CAT II (autoland recommended).

For a contaminated runway?
I think you're right on that... That's a conditional branch of the flow chart when you have CAT III on the FMA. ????
I was trying to make an obscure point that the FMA doesn't show CAT II with the A/P off (and we don't seem to promote hand flying CAT IIs which is how lots of airlines do them). Also, when you defer CAT III status you revert all the way to CAT I per the MEL hence you won't be dispatched with a CAT II FMA capability. You either will have CAT III or CAT I.

Clear as mud.

FYI ....Junior Varsity is a reserved term for the wholly owned regionals of USAirways Group!
No respect... No considerations... Lots of frustration.

Latest resources

Back