• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cape Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are good and bad things about working for Cape Air like any other airline. Sadly some of the things that made Cape Air a great place to work in the past are very slowly sliding away. Now I'd say it's a great place to work IF you are willing to live in a remote outstation or move repeatedly. The "home every night" family-friendly lifestyle now only holds true for the most senior pilots. Also they've thrown in their lot with the EAS program so if that goes bye-bye (which it very well might) then they will be hurting. That said they do have a good culture, great people working there, and they do treat you like a person which is more than can be said for most "regionals". The flying is very enjoyable also. But keep in mind it's still a low-paying, hard-working job. You will remember it fondly later but there will be days when it won't seem worth it, for sure. The lack of turbine time will hurt you on a resume but the experiences will help you in an interview and most importantly on the line... not sure which one wins out in the long run. Good luck.

Very well said. In an interview, the single pilot means you are good stick that can multitask. Working at Cape Air shows you have customer service skills. Just remember, the bigger the plane, the further away from home it can take you.

roommate or single-occupancy?

Training pay is $12.00/hour at 35 hours a week. They put you up in the Holiday Inn close to the HYA airport. Training should last around 2 months. You get paid $15/hour at a 35 hour/week minimum. For more details go to www.airlinepilotcentral.com. Good luck!!!!

Do you get your own room or have a roommate?
The reason I ask is I have family relatively closeby to Hyannis that I could stay with, but a couple months is a long time to ask to stay with people.. however I'm not keen on a couple months of a roommate either lol :)

Throw me a Bone.

"MOCHA HAGOTI"?

Just asking...

Do you get your own room or have a roommate?
The reason I ask is I have family relatively closeby to Hyannis that I could stay with, but a couple months is a long time to ask to stay with people.. however I'm not keen on a couple months of a roommate either lol :)

Own room. At least it was back when it was the Comfort Inn. I'm sure it hasn't changed.

Training pay is $12.00/hour at 35 hours a week. They put you up in the Holiday Inn close to the HYA airport. Training should last around 2 months. You get paid $15/hour at a 35 hour/week minimum. For more details go to www.airlinepilotcentral.com. Good luck!!!!

2 MONTHS? for a 402? what are they teaching you? how to overhaul both engines in flight?

cmon, it aint a concorde.....

2 MONTHS? for a 402? what are they teaching you? how to overhaul both engines in flight?

cmon, it aint a concorde.....

Well they've been doing it for over 20 years now. But I guess they've just been waiting for you to offer your advice on how to streamline the operation.

1 week indoc
2 week systems
1 week ftd
2 week flight training

Add a few days of flight training delays due to lack of aircraft and you're at 2 months.

Heard that Congress is considering shutting down the Essential Air Service program due to budget cuts. How much of CA's business is due to ESS and how bad will this hurt them?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back