Cape Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Blues604

Thinking about going to the Cape to fly. I hear very good things about Capeair. Can any MOCHA HAGOTI pilots tell me if Capeair pays while you are in training? Thanks!

If you don't find your answer there I think the pay was 15.00/duty hr in training. Or something close to that. You will be put up until you are assigned a base. You will be given move days to your domocile once you pass your ride. They will work with you. No one is there to screw you. Spring is almost here. One of the best companies I have ever worked for in my 20+ years in the industry. I have had many interviews over the years and the single most question that was asked is the Cape Air experience. When you have Meg Ryan in the right seat on the VOR 6 MVY in a nor'easter that says it all. I hope you enjoy your time at Cape Air. I miss it!

If you don't find your answer there I think the pay was 15.00/duty hr in training. Or something close to that. You will be put up until you are assigned a base. You will be given move days to your domocile once you pass your ride. They will work with you. No one is there to screw you. Spring is almost here. One of the best companies I have ever worked for in my 20+ years in the industry. I have had many interviews over the years and the single most question that was asked is the Cape Air experience. When you have Meg Ryan in the right seat on the VOR 6 MVY in a nor'easter that says it all. I hope you enjoy your time at Cape Air. I miss it!

Kman, who did you leave Cape Air for?

Training pay is $12.00/hour at 35 hours a week. They put you up in the Holiday Inn close to the HYA airport. Training should last around 2 months. You get paid $15/hour at a 35 hour/week minimum. For more details go to www.airlinepilotcentral.com. Good luck!!!!

What makes Cape Air different than other regional airlines? Through other web sites, I have read positive reviews about being a pilot for this regional airline. Reviews about other regional airlines have been more negative. The only thing is that a pilot can't get PIC turbine time flying twin piston Cessnas, if looking to go to larger airlines.

Cape Air is a piece of history. In a way it goes back to the golden age of aviation. The way things used to be. It is very nostalgic. Other regionals have the reputation of being pilot factories. It is easy to get comfortable working there. Most young guys use it as stepping stone. It is a great resume maker. It is the number one topic I have been asked in every interview. I hope this helps answer your questions. MOCHA!

Latest resources

Back