Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can't make this up. A takeoff abort due to......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyer1015

From the ASR Callback email,

Situation #3: (A319 Captain's Report)
■ During the initial part of the takeoff roll, at approximately 40 knots, three or four faint beeps were heard. The source of the beeps was unknown. There were no ECAM messages and no lights illuminated anywhere in the cockpit that would indicate an abnormality.

» What Would You Have Done?

wait for it....................

Situation #3: (A319 Captain's Report)

The Reporter's Action:
■ The takeoff was rejected at about 50 KTS. Upon clearing the runway, I realized that the beeps were from my phone. It was in the Airplane Mode, however, when the low battery warning sounds it makes a beeping noise. The battery charge was low.

We had a crew that took off a 737 without flaps/slats. All sorts of warnings going off. Barely limped it into the sky without killing everyone. I would prefer the captain that errors on the side of caution.

We had a crew that took off a 737 without flaps/slats. All sorts of warnings going off. Barely limped it into the sky without killing everyone. I would prefer the captain that errors on the side of caution.

There was this one captain that aborted because they had the flaps incorrectly set. They ran off the runway and almost killed everyone.

In your briefing do you say that you will abort for any abnormality under a certain speed? Then that is what you do. Yeah the reason was a duh moment but better to do a low speed abort when you have an anomaly than push on and find out that was a mistake.

low speed abort is nothing-not thread worthy. I agree, error on the side of caution on the low speed abort. Who is to say the pilot was not on the back side of a 15 hour duty day that started with a commute? The pilots actions did not end up in any negative side effects and the biggest positive was a learning experience.

low speed abort is nothing-not thread worthy. I agree, error on the side of caution on the low speed abort. Who is to say the pilot was not on the back side of a 15 hour duty day that started with a commute? The pilots actions did not end up in any negative side effects and the biggest positive was a learning experience.

agreed...

Rumor has it we had a crewmember with a "whoop whoop pull up" ringtone. Left phone on in flight, then descending into Reno at night, connects with a cell signal and, you guessed it. Max blast terrain avoidance maneuver ensued. Some versions of the rumor had a fed on the jumpseat.

Then we really did get a memo about cell phones and ringtones. Hmmmm....

Latest resources

Back