• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Call to Action... Our futures

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TP is clearly losing the debate here. It's obvious he has some sort of agenda.

No, they don't. I believe you probably meant Millan? So what? I'm no legal expert on Cabotage, but maybe you can educate me why it's Cabotage when EK flies DXB-MXP-JFK, but not Cabotage when UA flies BAH-KWI-IAD?

I fly 3 or 4 full fare RT Business or occasionally First class trips from the UAE to the States every year. Give me Emirates or Etihad or I'm NOT going! You can bitch and make excuses all day long, but until your airline has a product that can compete, what's the point? I won't subject myself to 15+ hours of pain when I don't have to. Emirates and Etihad are considerably more expensive yet they still kick your tails. Ever consider the real problem is your management doesn't have a clue what passengers want in the long haul market? To be fair, even if they do, they know the unions would never allow the airline to provide it. Seniority ensures those least able to tolerate 14-16 hour flights are the only ones who can hold them. Exhausted, entitled, and lazy grandmothers can't compete with bright eyed 20 year olds who are living an adventure that hasn't been available to US aviators for decades.

I don't really see why it matters if your investor is a Sheikh or a hedge fund. Deep pockets are deep pockets and profitable is profitable. Regardless, considering how much Emirates and Boeing contribute to US exports and the effect it has on the US trade balance, you're certainly destined to lose this one. But, by all means continue to bitch and make excuses about how unfair it is and why you can't compete. Really, what else can you do?

I don't think UA carries pax between BAH and KWI, it's just a stop to pick up more pax on the way to IAD and vice versa. British Airways and KLM do the same, hit a couple cities with one flight instead of using 2 separate planes. Obviously these airlines can't fill a plane to each ME city, but the ME3 airlines want to offer unlimited flights available to those sand pit cities, in exchange for unlimited open skies to the U.S. and Europe. They use the sand pit as a connecting hub, and the other airlines can't fill up separate planes to separate cities there. Can you see where that might be a bit unfair? They want the World, but can only offer 3 or 4 extremely hot and humid cities in the desert.... It's not worth it. But, they sure can sponsor a lot of "football" clubs.....(how many tickets do they have to sell anyway to sponsor those clubs??)

Bye Bye---General Lee

The Maginot line worked real well too ;).

Protectionism = the strategy of the foolish.

If you would stop buying into the ALPA garbage on these topics and actually go out in the world to see what is happening you might then realize that the U.S. airline management is, once again, being catastrophically stupid.

There are 1 billion people in all of the Americas. One billion people in all of Europe, including Eastern Europe and Russia. This while there are 4 billion people in Asia and another 1 billion in Africa. At present population growth rates Asia will add another 1 billion people and Africa close to 2 billion by the year 2100. The population of Europe and North America is likely to decline in that time. The populace of Asia and Africa is becoming more affluent and able to afford air travel. So where is the growth in air travel going to be?

Traditionally North America and western Europe had the major air travel markets. That dynamic has been changing rapidly over the last 20 years. The growth of the ME3 and others is, in large part, directly attributable to those changing dynamics and their perfect geographical position in the world to serve the new markets.

Emirates, Etihad, and Qatar serve on average only 10 cities in the USA. British Airways serves 25, Lufthansa and Air France right up there near 20 also. Korean has two non-stops a day ATL-ICN. DAL has zero.

Interjet and Volaris in Mexico pay A320 captains $4500/month. Avianca pay a 787 captain around $7000/month. Avianca/TACA and Lan/TAM are becoming huge airline groups. They both have ambitious plans for expansion into the USA and Europe with modern efficient airliners. Yet nobody seems to be sounding a warning call on them. They are paying half of what Norwegian pay, yet somehow they are not a threat :confused:.

I would advise not enabling your management by supporting their "destined to fail strategy of protectionism". Make them open their eyes and see what revenue potential is out there in the world. Go after the revenue. That is what will protect your future, not trying to fence off a declining percentage of the world air travel market.

Typhoonpilot

USAIR is calling you back in the Appalachians but make sure you change your appearance ...Change your emirate clothing.... Also the IRS would love to have you so they can audit more expats .. .......Don't respond please because you know very well what I mean and I don't need any more excuses from you

Me thinks Ty works for one of the ME3... let's wait and see.

Well... were waiting.

tail

He was under the desk of the ruler family for 14 years .... Recruiter check pilot or TRI etc .... Ex us air laid off promoted emirates against the home turf airlines and got rewarded very well... Blew the whistle on the IRS for the expats ........etc..
Currently instructor at homeland I guess but I will not be surprised if he gets some cash to lobby on the Internet by the "family"
Maybe Russian hookers this time for pay .... They are plenty been bought and brought by them .....

Go away TP sold soul to the devil

I've spent a lot of time in Dubai. Go ahead and relocate there. I bet within two years you'll wish you were back here in the USofA. But if you sell out your industry to the sheiks you'll have nowhere else to go. Your problem. Not mine. Don't be naive. Back the PAC.

Tail

Very well said
Thank you

GM was bailed out. The banks and housing were bailed out. US airlines were not bailed out like these other entities. Consider the larger truth of what is going on here: The ME3 airlines are in the discussion, but not the problem entirely. They are good airlines with very good people and a great product. They're an example for us to aspire to. ALPAs main issue is with how the govt has treated (neglected) US airlines. We've reached a tipping point, and it's time our govt take a close, serious look at this industry.

I would agree with you on that last part. It would be great if the U.S. government helped the U.S. compete more effectively. There is a number of ways they can do that; lower taxes, helped negotiate more route rights, etc. All of which are win-win scenarios for the American public and the U.S. carriers. Protectionism is a win-lose or lose-win, however you want to say it. So if ALPA truly wants to help win they will go more for the win-win scenario because that is the one where they can have a logical argument that the majority of people will listen to, not just airline pilots.

Typhoonpilot

He was under the desk of the ruler family for 14 years .... Recruiter check pilot or TRI etc .... Ex us air laid off promoted emirates against the home turf airlines and got rewarded very well... Blew the whistle on the IRS for the expats ........etc..
Currently instructor at homeland I guess but I will not be surprised if he gets some cash to lobby on the Internet by the "family"
Maybe Russian hookers this time for pay .... They are plenty been bought and brought by them .....

Go away TP sold soul to the devil

I don't even know why I respond to crap like this, but I know that Sniper is a troll here on FI and since he said some inaccurate things it needs a response.

I did work for Emirates, but not anymore.

I have never "blew the whistle on the IRS for expats". Where the heck did you get that from?

I have, in the dark days post 9-11, helped dozens of unemployed or under employed American pilots get jobs overseas. This when ALPA was standing by letting pensions get taken and subjecting thousands of pilots to RJ wages for over a decade. I feel really good about what I have done and have friends for life because of it.

What have you done for your fellow ALPA pilots except troll on the internet?

Typhoonpilot

I know guys who fly for the ME3's. They all corroborate what I read in the press. These companies run some labor groups hostage with modern indentured servitude. The pilots have no control over anything and the schools suck for the kids. Like I said earlier... Dubai is a great place to visit but a lousy place to set up a home. Especially if you are from the U.S. and used to real freedom, representation and equality.

So they want to play on the world stage? Then follow the rules they agreed to or pay the price. That's all and that's fair. Ty when you own the nukes you get some leverage at the table. But we (the U.S. and Euro airlines) have been following those rules and expect others to do the same.

That is all.

Tail

Ps- so you did fly for a ME3? You are very transparent. Sorry for you bro.

So what percentage of the bookings do DAL and UAL account for from NRT to SIN? NRT to MNL? NRT to BKK? , etc. If DAL and UAL can fly 5th freedom why can't

Typhoonpilot[/QUOTE]

Even though you know and you don't want to accept it

Here is why:

After the Abomb the United States government assigned Panam and NWA to start an airline in Japan ,,,
NWA was in charge of flight ops and Panam ground ops...as a matter of fact American Northwest crew member were flying this so called new airline called JAL till 1963
In return they got the rights to fly those routes...that Delta and Ual got from the mergers...

Now if the Arabs helped rebuild the airlines here in the US then they could get the same fair....but not only they never helped here , my tax money protects them from their enemies too.....so I say to them GFYSs and they can defend their borders themselves too

Ex NWA not Republic

I don't even know why I respond to crap like this, but I know that Sniper is a troll here on FI and since he said some inaccurate things it needs a response.

I did work for Emirates, but not anymore.

I have never "blew the whistle on the IRS for expats". Where the heck did you get that from?

I have, in the dark days post 9-11, helped dozens of unemployed or under employed American pilots get jobs overseas. This when ALPA was standing by letting pensions get taken and subjecting thousands of pilots to RJ wages for over a decade. I feel really good about what I have done and have friends for life because of it.

What have you done for your fellow ALPA pilots except troll on the internet?

Typhoonpilot

Ohhhhhhh now you said you did work there...... A few statements above you said " I don't work for any of the M3" how hard was to say I did work foe EK

Truth hurts

A lot more than you emirate sell off.... As a matter of fact I am doing something now at Herndon ...... Have you ever been here with your ex Usair Alpa reps ...of course not Alpa is the devil isn't it for you

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back