CAL-UAL, who needs it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skyflyin

Alright, here is an idea. Let the CAL and UAL pilots agree to disagree and sign an MOU that we will keep the operations separate until everyone on the list retires. We (CAL Pilots) sure didn't want this merger and I'm sure the majority of UAL pilots don't want it either. Lets agree to separate operations and separate negotiations and go from there.

NOWHERE DOES IT SAY THAT WE HAVE TO COME TO AN AGREEMENT, OR THAT WE ARE "REQUIRED" TO MERGE THE SENIORITY LIST.

This is management's deal, not ours. They wanted/need it, not us. If they wanted our permission they should of asked us for it first. They did not. Our good VP of Flight Ops pretty much said they didn't really need to combine the operations to meet their goals, so lets not do it.

Lets be friendly neighbors, just not move in together. It sure would make things a lot easier.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

That is the spirit...

I think everyone has learned the lesson about management not asking for permission and just doing whatever they want...just ask Glen Tilton CEO of the Year.

Dumbest Idea of the year.

Alright, here is an idea. Let the CAL and UAL pilots agree to disagree and sign an MOU that we will keep the operations separate until everyone on the list retires. We (CAL Pilots) sure didn't want this merger and I'm sure the majority of UAL pilots don't want it either. Lets agree to separate operations and separate negotiations and go from there.

NOWHERE DOES IT SAY THAT WE HAVE TO COME TO AN AGREEMENT, OR THAT WE ARE "REQUIRED" TO MERGE THE SENIORITY LIST.

This is management's deal, not ours. They wanted/need it, not us. If they wanted our permission they should of asked us for it first. They did not. Our good VP of Flight Ops pretty much said they didn't really need to combine the operations to meet their goals, so lets not do it.

Lets be friendly neighbors, just not move in together. It sure would make things a lot easier.

Someone needs to get drug tested. Please tell me you are not serious?

Getting back your original question of "CAL-UAL, Who needs it?"...

The answer to that would be: Smisek & Tilton...

I think it's an excellent idea, if you can get Delta to give the secret government handshake promising they won't come any closer to us. I think that would do it. I don't see a problem there at all. Let us know.

Actually, there is a ridiculously massive 2000 year old Redwood Tree falling your way. Just stand there and watch it until the lights out.

Man I wish the ATP Practical Test Standards required you to think instead of promoting Mr. Gleim's business.

Wall St bankers and Hedge Fund managers want it done, that's who. But, if you don't want to do it, stay seperate, and see how that goes. Just take a look at how miserable the USAir people are. Yeah, that seems fun. Half of you can fly an even more substandard contract than the other guys, while Smisek and Tilton get even more bonuses after they merge everything else together, like reservation systems, ticket counters, rampers, gates, etc. Yeah, they can have bonuses, and you won't. Enjoy that. Other than all of that, HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back