• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL-UAL, who needs it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, there is a ridiculously massive 2000 year old Redwood Tree falling your way. Just stand there and watch it until the lights out.

Man I wish the ATP Practical Test Standards required you to think instead of promoting Mr. Gleim's business.

That is all you got? Calling people names. Use your brain a little and think out of the box. You sound as dense as that redwood you are talking about.

I already said we could have the same contract. Any flying out of a certain hub would be flown by that airline. Yes we would need scope protections for each side and any new hubs would have to be worked out fairly, but it could be done. If there is a will, there is a way.

General, the US Air pilots are miserable not just because of the seniority issue, but because they also don't have a new contract. Do you think either side would be unhappy if they flew separately, but had a nice new industry leading contract? I would think they would prefer that and the seniority issue would be moot.

Look, it's just a thought. No need to get all in a huff about it. Geeze.

Whether you like it or not, the merger is a done deal. The wheels of progress are turning for a single certificate. The company wants it and has spent millions already to make it happen on schedule. Try as you may "to think outside the box", a single certificate with a single employee group WILL happen.

Look, it's just a thought. No need to get all in a huff about it. Geeze.

You are right - you thought it - unfortunately you actually let others know you actually thought it and now you are getting the opinions to the contrary.

Never gonna happen.

Last edited:
Whether you like it or not, the merger is a done deal. The wheels of progress are turning for a single certificate. The company wants it and has spent millions already to make it happen on schedule. Try as you may "to think outside the box", a single certificate with a single employee group WILL happen.

Not until a contract and then SLI.

Alright, here is an idea. Let the CAL and UAL pilots agree to disagree and sign an MOU that we will keep the operations separate until everyone on the list retires. We (CAL Pilots) sure didn't want this merger and I'm sure the majority of UAL pilots don't want it either. Lets agree to separate operations and separate negotiations and go from there.

NOWHERE DOES IT SAY THAT WE HAVE TO COME TO AN AGREEMENT, OR THAT WE ARE "REQUIRED" TO MERGE THE SENIORITY LIST.

This is management's deal, not ours. They wanted/need it, not us. If they wanted our permission they should of asked us for it first. They did not. Our good VP of Flight Ops pretty much said they didn't really need to combine the operations to meet their goals, so lets not do it.

Lets be friendly neighbors, just not move in together. It sure would make things a lot easier.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Just because things aren't what you want them to be doesn't mean it isn't they way they are. Unless the Feds step in or something like that, you are merged. Get use to the idea. And unless you want to be the new thesaurus definition of whipsawing, you might want to think about getting the separate but equal idea out of you head. Bite the bullet, integrate, and then move on as one unified group.

Or...Join USAPA. They'll tell you it's a perfectly viable idea...and that should speak volumes.

Latest resources

Back