• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Pilot Openers...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know......., after further thought, it was mean of me to call Sean a scum bag. It insults scum bags to be compared to SFR.

My apologies.

I like the idea of a pay raise, but if it is really going to cost $500 million where will the money come from?

CAL did not make $500 million profit for 2009. Would that put us more negative?

$5 more per ticket. A pilot costs what a pilot costs.........AND fire you since you brag about not being productive, just sitting around on resv all day.

Cost cutting is NOT what it will take to make the current US airline system profitable.
The business school flunkies who are running most of the airlines these days need to hire people with talent and raise the revenue.
CAL's new legal counsel in chief needs to read Bethune's book

Last edited:
My cost of living did not go up that much. I got a laptop for cheaper than I ever have, a house for 50% off and a 2009 car for $10k off sticker and $3k below KBB.

I guess the cost went up for people paying FMV (fair market value) for everything, but that is just a cost of being stupid.

Wipe the crust out of your eyes and READ his post. He said 2008, not 2009. Inflation was almost flat in 2009, but since 2005 when we loaned the company 250 million a year from an allready sub-standard contract. Inflation has taken an additional 10%+ out of everyone's pocket.
(here's a calculator since you're prob too lazy to google it; http://www.westegg.com/inflation/ )

Shouldn't you be trolling it over to Munich for Octoberfest or something.

Bahahahhaa

Ha.. Yeah man. I wish I was back over there instead of here dealing with tools and trolls... You're gonna need a Vaca pretty soon here....

Moderators. Please close this thread. This COULD be a very useful thread as our contract negotiations are finally going to get some wind in the sails. Instead its turned into a pissing contest.

So instead of getting the London slots or doing the C check they should give the pilots a raise? Remind me to never go into business with you, you would run it into the ground.

The airplane needs a C check, it does not matter which year you debit the expense. It would just be less expense for the next year.

The London slots generate money, that simple. We need as many assets that put money into the bottom line right now.

We also need terminal improvements, it is called reinvesting the money.

If you can't see how that works you just need to stick to flying the line and pushing those buttons on the panel and collect your check when it comes in. I hope for your sake that you never lose your flying job because it appears that you don't know how to make money elsewhere (or in the rest of the real world).

BTW, I will take the payraise if we get it.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/company/investor/docs/continental_8k_2009_102101.pdf

Unrestricted Cash, Cash Equivalents and Short Term Investments Balance
Continental anticipates ending the fourth quarter of 2009 with an unrestricted cash, cash equivalents and shortterm
investments balance of approximately $2.4 billion.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Contin....html?x=0&.v=1

Continental ended the fourth quarter 2009 with an unrestricted cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments balance of approximately $2.85 billion.

So Sean, the cash balance at CAL went up 450 million above company expectations, while the company still showed a loss. Even your peanut sized brain can figure where they can get the money to pay us!!!

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/company/investor/docs/continental_8k_2009_102101.pdf

Unrestricted Cash, Cash Equivalents and Short Term Investments Balance
Continental anticipates ending the fourth quarter of 2009 with an unrestricted cash, cash equivalents and shortterm
investments balance of approximately $2.4 billion.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Contin....html?x=0&.v=1

Continental ended the fourth quarter 2009 with an unrestricted cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments balance of approximately $2.85 billion.

So Sean, the cash balance at CAL went up 450 million above company expectations, while the company still showed a loss. Even your peanut sized brain can figure where they can get the money to pay us!!!

Cool, sounds good to me. Lets get that raise!

And recall pilots!!!

Sorry not this go around.
Bid was just posted.Opened today closes on the 17th. 38 Captain vacancies from retirements and no recalls...This summer is going to suck...Again!!!

Latest resources

Back