Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brian Wilson Endorses The ASA Coalition!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do not think they will proffer us at this time, but I believe they'll send us back to the table with a git 'er dun mandate.

The gap can be narrowed without sitting at the table. All the MEC has to do is drop some of their more outlandish demands, and notify the mediator that they're ready to talk. I think the MEC is there, and waiting for the NMB decision so as to avoid negotiating against themselves.

And yes, I think we should "stay the course" (I can say that now that Bush has dropped it). It's too late in the game to fire the whole army, including the generals, train new ones, then resume the war with a bunch of FNGs!

That would be a very foolish move.

You bring up some interesting points. You say that you don't believe that a proffer will come anytime soon and that all the MEC has to do is drop some of their outlandish demands.

During the last sessions w/ the mediator both sides past proposals to see how close/far they were. Why didn't the MEC drop these some of these outlandish demands then? We were at the table w/ the mediator like they/we wanted to bring this "end game" to a close. Don't get me wrong, the company was no saint during this time either but the MEC didn't budge much at all.

You bring up some interesting points. You say that you don't believe that a proffer will come anytime soon and that all the MEC has to do is drop some of their outlandish demands.

During the last sessions w/ the mediator both sides past proposals to see how close/far they were. Why didn't the MEC drop these some of these outlandish demands then? We were at the table w/ the mediator like they/we wanted to bring this "end game" to a close. Don't get me wrong, the company was no saint during this time either but the MEC didn't budge much at all.

At this point, NEITHER side should have outlandish proposals on the table. If ALPA still has outlandish demands, then they are partially to blame for this not being done 4+ years later.

You already did get to vote. The MAJORITY voted 92.7% to strike. Sorry your team lost.

I actually voted yes during the vote only to give this team the leverage to put an end to this 4+ year disaster.

To rephrase my question, IF a proffer was issued wouldn't you want to see it and have a say the outcome or would you leave ALL in the hands of the MEC?

You already did get to vote. The MAJORITY voted 92.7% to strike. Sorry your team lost.

I voted YES, but that doesn't mean I am happy about the way things are being handled. It was very important for us to come together and give the MEC the power to negotiate with a strong strike vote. We needed that for leverage to reach a fair deal. Many of us who voted YES however are starting to question why we still have some of the outlandish demands on the table. Don't assume that all 92.7% are going to vote to continue with the status quo.

I actually voted yes during the vote only to give this team the leverage to put an end to this 4+ year disaster.

To rephrase my question, IF a proffer was issued wouldn't you want to see it and have a say the outcome or would you leave ALL in the hands of the MEC?

Do you even understand what a proffer is?

I could be mistaken, but you make it sound like like a proffer is some sort of take it or leave deal.

It's not. It is a an OFFER, by the NMB to both sides to submit to final binding arbitration.

Do you understand the process???

PM, I am not sure of how to ask this question any clearer for you so I am not even going to try. Simply reread the post and answer yes I would like to see it or no I give full faith in the MEC.

I believe we can agree that the chances of the NMB even offering a proffer is slim at best.

PM, I am not sure of how to ask this question any clearer for you so I am not even going to try. Simply reread the post and answer yes I would like to see it or no I give full faith in the MEC.

I believe we can agree that the chances of the NMB even offering a proffer is slim at best.

I read it. I read it again. It still makes no sense. The question is would I like to see the proffer and vote on it.

The answer: NO.

I don't need to vote. I don't wan't my contract arbitrated by the NMB.

I have full faith in my MEC.

My Question, why would you want to vote on a proffer. Do you know what a proffer is. It sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about.

You clearly have no understanding of how the process works.

First, to answer your question, I HAVE FULL CONFIDENCE IN MY MEC. If I did not, I would be the first person leading a drive to recall them. Trust me on this, I've done it before!

Second, YOU DO NOT "VOTE" ON A PROFFER.

A proffer is an offer of binding arbitration. No worker in his/her right mind would submit to this in our current pro-management political climate, unless you want an industry standard contract with a long duration.

So, obviously, our MEC would say no. Why would you have them say differently? Do you WANT us to go to arbitration?

My point is this, yes I understand clearly that this is an offer from the NMB that if either side denies this proffer then the clock starts for the 30 day cooling off period w/ super mediated talks. How do you know that this proffer/offer will be as horrible/pro mgmnt? What harm would it cause for the rank and file to see it read it and tell the reps accept it/refuse it. Just as the company could very well refuse it.

As stated earlier, the chances of a proffer coming to light is moot. So to our negotiations experts PM and JP what now? Do we continue wait in the hopes that LP will change his mind about the gap in proposals and call us back or do we adjust our strategy and start communicating w/ mgmnt again.

My point is this, yes I understand clearly that this is an offer from the NMB that if either side denies this proffer then the clock starts for the 30 day cooling off period w/ super mediated talks. How do you know that this proffer/offer will be as horrible/pro mgmnt? What harm would it cause for the rank and file to see it read it and tell the reps accept it/refuse it. Just as the company could very well refuse it.

As stated earlier, the chances of a proffer coming to light is moot. So to our negotiations experts PM and JP what now? Do we continue wait in the hopes that LP will change his mind about the gap in proposals and call us back or do we adjust our strategy and start communicating w/ mgmnt again.

What do you mean "see it and read it"? There's nothing to see and read! It's an offer from the board to enter into binding arbitration. You either say yes or no! Yes from both sides means arbitration (management will likely say yes, if given the chance). The union will say no, launching the 30 day cooling off period. Why is this confusing to you?

And by the way, it's not up to LP, it's up to the Board.

Let me ask you again:
Do you believe binding arbitration is in the best interests of our pilot group?

Latest resources

Back