• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Blanket Party!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, these guys are filing as pro se or acting as their own attorneys. This makes more sense for the crudeness of the complaint.

Popcorn?

No, they filed pro se, but they most certainly have an attorney, and it's Michael Haber. You probably won't see any documents with his name on them until he files amendments with new plaintiffs or counts later on. If you read the complaint, and how it's structured, it screams Haber right from the get go. And now it's confirmed that Haber is their attorney, because they have a web site up soliciting money that names him as their attorney. He wants $500 up front, plus $50 per month ongoing, to join the suit.

Geez, with all of the long winded debates on this issue, it comes as no surprise that they're being sued for not putting it to a membership vote. I argued that was a major screwup by AT's MEC. However, I never envisioned them getting sued for not putting it to a membership vote.
I sincerely hope that they're also suing the atty who was advising AT's MEC (Dan Katz of Katz and Ranzman); he's the one who gave poor legal advice to AT's MEC. He ought to be strung up by his family jewels.

I sincerely hope that they're also suing the atty who was advising AT's MEC (Dan Katz of Katz and Ranzman); he's the one who gave poor legal advice to AT's MEC. He ought to be strung up by his family jewels.

Fact of the matter is, you don't have the slightest clue what Mr. Katz advised the ATN MEC.

Todd:
I just find it odd if he is their attorney, why did he not file the motion instead of pro se. Procedurally, I can't see the advantage.

Fact of the matter is, you don't have the slightest clue what Mr. Katz advised the ATN MEC.

IF Katz advised sending AIP1 out for a membership vote, then it's entirely on the AT MEC. Good luck to ya; you're going to need it.

Todd:
I just find it odd if he is their attorney, why did he not file the motion instead of pro se. Procedurally, I can't see the advantage.

I imagine they're going this route to get the ball rolling while not initially spending a ton of money on legal services.

I imagine they're going this route to get the ball rolling while not initially spending a ton of money on legal services.

WOW

I hope that is not the case. That would be showing your hand before the game even starts.

If the case is lost, the other side had the right to counter sue for damages and cost incurred. That would end up being a lot of money to those on the law suit.

Latest resources

Back