• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big meeting: Skywest, ASA/XJet, Alpa, SAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
^^^^^my point exactly. One list would only be a byproduct of putting both airlines into one, not the driving force....neither are ALPA or SAPA. I mean come on, every pilot knows ALPA is a joke. So is SAPA....you think the execs of companies do not. Placating the union leaders with words of wonder and that is all that is needed to make the union stay down. If the union gets ballsy.....bankruptcy and cut the balls off.....really not that hard to break and control a union

Last edited:
How much savings a year would "one" airline yeld... 20 mill? Just a guess... But if or magins keep shrinking... They may have too....

Last edited:
^^^^^my point exactly. One list would only be a byproduct of putting both airlines into one, not the driving force....neither are ALPA or SAPA. I mean come on, every pilot knows ALPA is a joke. So is SAPA....you think the execs of companies do not. Placating the union leaders with words of wonder and that is all that is needed to make the union stay down. If the union gets ballsy.....bankruptcy and cut the balls off.....really not that hard to break and control a union

Bankruptcy? That'll be good for the stock price and thus the shareholders. Bankruptcy is also a decision of the BOD. Don't necessarily disagree with much else you said.

How much savings a year would "one" airline yeld... 20 mill? Just a guess... But if or magins keep shrinking... They may have too....

Just for perspective, Inc said they would "achieve $60 to $70 million in annual savings" with a "potential for $0.45 - $0.50 of incremental annual EPS" from merging ASA with XJT.

So if the ASA and Xjet merger created a "Super" Regional, what would adding Skywest create? Mega? Ultra? SureJet?

Us and the A380 would now be "Super"-s. All departures would require runway inspections and 5 minutes of separation.

Could be a way to park the ERJs.

The memo just says the topic was mentioned. That doesn't mean it is being considered. Most xjet guys don't want to merge with skyw.

Most xjet pilots want to remain alpa, especially since DAL will hire 35% from alpa dci carriers and it is rumored Ual will have a similar stipulation. The rest will be split by mil, fracs, corp, 135, returning expats, cargo, non alpa regionals, etc.

Ps. If there is integration, the employees choose the representation not the company, so we can all be treated equally with equal representation, and the skyw guys won't get the extra koolaid parties from sgu. There has been whip-sawing, but with at least some of the group being alpa, the company has been motivated to keep the rest happy to prevent more organizing. If we were merged and gave up representation (I DONT CARE WHAT SGU TELLS YOU, SAPA IS NOT REPRESENTATION) there would be nothing to prevent the company from imposing its own compensation and work rules on the whole pilot group, which is their end game.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back