• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best place for 737 type?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Class sizes at K&S are significantly smaller than class sizes at HPA. Besides that, they are pretty similar. My class at K&S had six students. They had 14 students scheduled, so they split them up into two different classrooms. I appreciated having a small class. We didn't get bogged down.

English said:
Class sizes at K&S are significantly smaller than class sizes at HPA. Besides that, they are pretty similar. My class at K&S had six students. They had 14 students scheduled, so they split them up into two different classrooms. I appreciated having a small class. We didn't get bogged down.

It sounds to me like the class sizes are about the same at HPA and K & S, my class had 6 in it at HPA. I chose Higher Power because the training is all done in Dallas, K&S puts you on an airline and flys you to some other state for the sim training, sounded like a hassle to me.

Last edited:
737 type
Why is aeroservices in Miami not recommended?

I did my 737 type rating there. I passed the course. I do not recommend the facility.

Like any facility, it has its positive points. Not enough though to give it a positive recommendation. Only my personal opinion.

I hope someone who has been through their 737 program will come to their defence. Many have done this program, please advise. Thanks.

HIGHER POWER All the Way

I don't care what anyone says,
Higher Power is the place to go!!!!!!!!!!!

K&S was awesome. I had Mike Sturgis as an instructor, an absolute professional!!!! Asst Chief pilot of SWA Phoenix base visited class.
Talby will help with any and all problems. I initially underestimated the scope and depth of this course. can't say enough positives about K&S.

Ditto the remarks about how great Mike Sturgis is.

I just completed new hire ground school in the 737. The training I received at K&S prepared me very well for this class, and was in fact more in depth systems-wise.

I don't know that I would agree on the class size issue. I had 15 in my class it it was great. There were just that many more guys there to ask the questions you don't think of. I say Higher Power is the place to go. Mark and Joe are two great guys and I sincerely hope you get Lynn Taubeneck (poor attempt at his name) as a ground instructor. The dry humor kept me awake. Good luck and ask for the 300 when you get there. Stay at the amerisuites and bring a car. Two weeks is an aweful long time to get lugged around in a hotel van.

HPA WITHOUT A DOUBT!

Want GREAT training, GREAT people, and a chance to meet the folks @ SWA ? Then HPA is THE way to go IMHO

Hooch

Latest resources

Back