BATS test

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
kc135ang said:
I knew from the beginning that I was going tankers being in the ANG. By the way I finished at the top of my class and was offered 38's but decided to stick with the more laid back approach to flying. I can also get up in flight to take a leak, stretch, and eat at will. When was last time you tried that? By the way you guys can't get any where with out the tanker! Now let's all get along!

I wish I had $1 US for every P-3 pilot that's repeated the "I graduated in the top of my class and didn't want jets" line.

Last edited:
kc135ang said:
I knew from the beginning that I was going tankers being in the ANG. By the way I finished at the top of my class and was offered 38's but decided to stick with the more laid back approach to flying. I can also get up in flight to take a leak, stretch, and eat at will. When was last time you tried that? By the way you guys can't get any where with out the tanker! Now let's all get along!

I'm guard, I know how the process works as far as being "pre-destined" I can eat, stretch, piss, and go SLOW everytime I fly the RJ. J/K=just kidding...laid back? :cool:

Shhh... we're not supposed to talk about this test, remember? That said, I'm the biggest klutz I know, and I got a 97 PCSM score. It takes into account your civillian flight time (score tops out at 200 hours) and your AFOQT pilot section. Apparently I'm a blind klutz, because I couldn't get a recruiter to process my app after I told her I can't see 20/20 WITH glasses.

Here's what I have to offer, even if its a little late for your test. I took the BAT in March. 99 BAT and 99 PCSM after retaking the AFOQT with 99 P, 86 N, 70's in the rest.
The BAT test has very little prep. The link given earlier helps. Pay attention to the suggestion about the curser going off screen "undefined". This was my worst section due to frustration. It felt that the controls responded differently in each section as well. Some over-corrected quickly, some did not. Take advantage of every second of practice. I also found it helped to grip the joysticks very low for better input controls.

As stated before - "Stay focused" and you'll be fine.

kc135ang said:
but decided to stick with the more laid back approach to flying.

Pfft, you don't know "laid back" flying until you go to Corpus. Show 0900 for 1100 T/O and on the road back home by 1600ish.

Fishing or surfing by 1700ish. :beer:

Latest resources

Back