• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Awac Towop

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The word around the campfire that I have heard is hopefully these cuts are a fall thing, about a 10% reduction in block hours until February, + or - the cost of oil. We will certainly all need luck if fuel doesn't come down.

And no one believed those at PSA that when this all was announced EVERYONE is getting reduced. All the PDT/RAH/etc were like "our flying is going up." Unforuntately this happen, good thing is these typically go SENIOR! So with any luck it will. RAH/PDT hold on. You all are probably next unless you are under staffed. All Express flying got cut.

And no one believed those at PSA that when this all was announced EVERYONE is getting reduced. All the PDT/RAH/etc were like "our flying is going up." Unforuntately this happen, good thing is these typically go SENIOR! So with any luck it will. RAH/PDT hold on. You all are probably next unless you are under staffed. All Express flying got cut.

Isn't RAH getting more E175's for Airways? I agree with you that all express is getting cut but for PDT/AWAC/PSA we all have taken airplanes in years. RAH has taken aircraft in 2008.

For AWAC we had 87 planes and went down to 70. We have not had a new airplane delivered in 4 years.

I doubt we will see much of any cuts at Piedmont. Now, like you said this could change on a days notice. However US Airways has told us to expect more flying. We brought another plane on-line and even fixed a plane that was almost a total loss. Figured if they were gonna reduce flying why even spend the million dollars to fix the plane? They also cx'ed the painting of the planes due to the fact they can't afford the down time.

Now we hear that US Airways is active in looking at the 12 Horizon Q200's.

Fuel might come down, however I doubt it will ever go below 100.00 dollars again.

If the flights less then an hour your gonna see many more TurboProps flying it. Its just how its gonna be, Dash 8's sip fuel compared to a RJ and look at the European Carriers. They have always experienced high fuel and TurboProps are the backbone of most of there short haul flights.

However, Like you said. One never knows! Its easier to park planes that you own. And US Airways owns over half the Dash 8's at Piedmont.

Hold On everyone!

Isn't RAH getting more E175's for Airways? I agree with you that all express is getting cut but for PDT/AWAC/PSA we all have taken airplanes in years. RAH has taken aircraft in 2008.

For AWAC we had 87 planes and went down to 70. We have not had a new airplane delivered in 4 years.

Republic has a bunch if 170's parked in PIT, all with Frontier livery on them. I am sure they'll be in the US AIR system sooner or later.
As for AWAC, how many airframes did we bid on over the past two to three years? And got zero awarded? I didn't get my hopes up high at all over the UAL Express RFP. I think that's a feel in case one of the Express carriers go T.U. Since they won the injunction against DAL, we haven't heard anything else about it.

RAH will slow like everyone else. Mngt is talking doom and gloom, but we are in contract talks soooo........

Republic has a bunch if 170's parked in PIT, all with Frontier livery on them. I am sure they'll be in the US AIR system sooner or later.

You also must keep in mind. With USairways the number of "large" regional jets is already been surpassed. I think you will find the mainline guys having a hard time giving more E170/E175/Crj700/Crj900 flying up when they have their own guys on furlough. Last word I had heard BB had those planes and was looking for buyers. From the RAH camp it did not sound like he had any "carriers" have intrest in them due to the economic times. Also in general all USairways express flying is being cut. Now with that I would find it extremely hard with such a time with Mainline on furlough and others being cut down (even below their contract hours flown) that RAH would place those birds on Airways property. Now I could be wrong. However it'd really surprise me.

I would say though you will see a lot of movement with RAH this year still. However its due to the CRJ being phased out and those pilots thus going over into the E170 on the Shuttle Side etc. Also with the E135s being phased out you will see a lot of CHQ guys changing over to the Shuttle side I am hearing. But that's all subject to change.

In the end lets all hold on tight and hope for the best. As in the end we are all in the same profession and want to have the best outcome for all parties involved.

Latest resources

Back