Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

J and E's Daddy

Jacob & Emma's Daddy
I don't think this go-around is not going to help the regionals like it did in 2001-2002. Today AWAC is offering TOWOP in various seats and domiciles, for a total of 30 CAs starting in August. Hold on, it's going to be a rough and violent ride.

Last edited:
I don't think this go-around is going to help the regionals like it did in 2001-2002. Today AWAC is offering TOWOP in various seats and domiciles, for a total of 30 CAs starting in August. Hold on, it's going to be a rough and violent ride.

Well, 17 capts and 13 Fo's. I guess I owe WSurf an apology, he was right and I was wrong. I guess some of our junior guys might be Fu@ked if no one takes towop.

No you won't. You'll be just fine, stuck as a senior FO, totally stagnant.

Life could be worse.

Well, 17 capts and 13 Fo's. I guess I owe WSurf an apology, he was right and I was wrong. I guess some of our junior guys might be Fu@ked if no one takes towop.

Dude, no need for apology. I just figured that with Delta parking RJ's and still paying Mesa not to fly them told me fuel is kickin there a$$. Cost of fuel is killing everyone in this industry and soon it will even make it too the Dash 8's if it keeps going up! You know we are in trouble if they start parking Dash 8's due to fuel prices!

Hopefully this will only be short term. Good Luck to everyone.

Last edited:
No you won't. You'll be just fine, stuck as a senior FO, totally stagnant.

Life could be worse.

For now, I do like getting my first and 2nd choices when I bid. (Got my first for July). But trust me, I was more than halfway up the ACA seniority list when the bomb dropped, nothing is safe or secure these days.
Been through this before. Just hope this time the end result is different. Just getting my backup plans in place, just in case.

Last edited:
Dude, no need for apology. I just figured that with Delta parking RJ's and still paying Mesa not to fly them told me fuel is kickin there a$$. Cost of fuel is killing everyone in this industry and soon it will even make it too the Dash 8's if it keeps going up! You know we are in trouble if they start parking Dash 8's due to fuel prices!

Hopefully this will only be short term. Good Luck to everyone.

The word around the campfire that I have heard is hopefully these cuts are a fall thing, about a 10% reduction in block hours until February, + or - the cost of oil. We will certainly all need luck if fuel doesn't come down.

Latest resources

Back