• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWA/USAir Merger Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Too bad, however, most pros out East, on duty, still treat us as the bad guys.

A few bad apples on both sides, on the plus side though, most of the old grumpy ones will be retiring soon AND everybody will be too busy moaning and b#tching about Delta (or NWA, or CAL, or whoever)to worry about it before long!!:D

Both sides will put forth their best case, the arbiter will sift through the B.S. and come down with a merger that BOTH sides hate....which means it was probably as fair as possible!!:beer:

is this for real?

Wow! I think this is the first thread between AWA and US guys that I have read that doesn't try to stick a knife in each others back! Maybe we can really become a united pilot group against the Dougster.

In all seriousness I tend to agree that Nicolau will rule in such a way that none here expect. My only concern about the east arguement concerning retirements is the potential change in mandatory retirement age. If it goes to 65 then the whole ball of wax is now changed.

Andy

That's all good Marty, but AAA was 2 weeks away from CH7 - the only career expectation they had was the unemployment line.

Well, maybe the AWA pilots legal representative will bring this up in the Arbitration hearings. We'll see how much weight Mr Nicolau attaches to this.

Has an arbitrator ever given consideration to a given carriers financial condition in a merger proceeding?

Tejas

"Other than narrow body vs. wide body, the days of getting paid more to fly bigger planes are gone." Doug Parker. (I did hear this.)

My question then is this. Doug, are you going to pay the E190 pilots the same as Airbus pilots? Or do bigger planes get paid more? Mainline E190 rates should be the same.

Now there's something I think we all agree on.

Latest resources

Back