Atlas/Southern/Kalitta > Fedex?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

altimaklr

Once Fedex starts hiring in a month or so, will the ACMI's start hurting for pilots? It seems like the natural progression for a cargo guy. Even if you like your current place it's hard to turn down a 100% pay increase.

100% pay raise is a bit of a stretch... Most of the guys/gals at my company aren't interested. We/they enjoy the long periods of time off with one commute a month versus broken up into multiple commutes and multiple 3/4 day trips... It isn't always about the money... Will we lose some? Probably. Will there be a mad dash for the door, causing a collapse of the senority list? No...

Totally not interested!! Take quite a pay cut, go to the bottom of the list for ever, fly with guy's complaining how bad life is - No you can keep it thanks.

I'm a lifer at Atlas, not going anywhere. Pay is decent, and will increase with new contract, fat profit sharing checks, new planes (747-400, -8s, possibly 767s), starting my 13th year, don't have to jumpseat to work, .........etc.

Not interested

I'm a lifer at Atlas, not going anywhere. Pay is decent, and will increase with new contract, fat profit sharing checks, new planes (747-400, -8s, possibly 767s), starting my 13th year, don't have to jumpseat to work, .........etc.

Not interested

.....yea what he said!!!

100% pay raise is a bit of a stretch... Most of the guys/gals at my company aren't interested. We/they enjoy the long periods of time off with one commute a month versus broken up into multiple commutes and multiple 3/4 day trips... It isn't always about the money... Will we lose some? Probably. Will there be a mad dash for the door, causing a collapse of the senority list? No...

I don't know about that M. Between FedEx and SWA I know of 11 pilots that have applied to both, and I have only been on the line for one leg of OE since October 10th. Going on five years and the last two, since we were purchased by a hedge fund group, have really opened my eyes to World not being a 30 year career. The whole "World has been trying to go out of business for 62 years" thing doesn't apply to the new times of the World. They been F@cking us for 5 years now on profit sharing and if they don't get what they want out of us as an investment, we'll be dropped like a hot potato.

We're going to have to strike to get any improvement in the new contract and that will be really costly to the over all numbers. This is not a close nit company anymore that takes pride in our mission or the respect the name "World Airways" used to demand. We are at the mercy of Wall Street types that have no feelings of guilt to ruin peoples lives; They're only worried about numbers and the next gig that will pay them 6 million dollars a year.

Hell, our director of training left for SWA and he had a "cush" job/life down in PTC!!

All 12 day off lines on the 74, not enough pilots to fly either fleet, can't get training done on 74 because the checks have to fly the line, half the pilots can't fly the Jade contract and to make any money, you have to volunteer. I was naive when I came here. I knew guys and loved everything about the job; I wasn't paying close enough attention to the pay scales.

I can double my pay second year at FedEx and 3rd or 4th year at SWA working LESS. We don't get paid anything close to what we should be to fly wide bodies and commercial in coach all over the world for 18 days month. There is absolutely no doubt that FedEx and SWA provide more stability than any ACMI. That's just the way life is when your contracts could be gone at any time.

This is only my humble opinion, of course.

PtP

I hear what you're saying. But, unless everyone is hiding their intentions, which is understandable, I have flown with very few that are looking elsewhere. I'm looking, and applying, but we are young enough to make the jump. A lot of the guys don't want to start over again... Is the 74 side that disgruntled? I'm headed to school for it in May.

Latest resources

Back