• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATI interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know what happened with any 767s that may or may not have been slated for ABX, but the ones that we're getting have been slated for US for a long time, well before any of the current events began to take shape. You have much better scope language than we do. Use it if and when the time comes, but don't start slinging mud before the bell!

I agree.

What's up with all the happy guys here making 60k a year when ABX counterparts are making double that with better work rules.

Don't get me wrong. I applaud the cheerfulness but when 76's that were slated for ABX start going to crews that work for half the pay, this will cause problems. Just wait.

I don't know what happened with any 767s that may or may not have been slated for ABX, but the ones that we're getting have been slated for US for a long time, well before any of the current events began to take shape. You have much better scope language than we do. Use it if and when the time comes, but don't start slinging mud before the bell!

I understand. Those were not the 767's I was referring to. More "down the road" forecasting is what was intended.

Not slinging mud, just looking at it from a logical viewpoint. If Brand A costs $2 to operate and Brand X costs $1 to operate the same A/C, which one would you go with?

Scope you say? These airtight contracts are not worth the paper they were written on. Recent history has shown that.

Bottom line is we need to get your pay up to speed or we need to throttle back our paycheck. I prefer the former. Good Day. :)

...Bottom line is we need to get your pay up to speed or we need to throttle back our paycheck. I prefer the former. Good Day. :)

Sorry to jump the gun and go all defensive:0. I was concerned with the direction you 'might' have been going, so thanks for clearing it up, and I do agree as well. I don't want to see anyone's paycheck throttled back, and unfortunately, as much as I'd like to see it, I don't see ours throttling up anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong!:beer:

Better work rules? Our work rules suck! Can you say juniorman every time you try to go home. Advance JRM in the middle of your days off then having to fight for the pay! Do not confuse a better contract with better QOL. The contract is only as good as it's members. The pilots at ABX only look out for themselves, cut side deals with scheduling and stab eachother in the back!

I agree about the selfish OPF pilot group, but as for junior manning, only you grasshopper allow yourself to be juniored. If you do not want to do the trip, you do not do it. They cannot charge you a sick day on your day off............

A lack of planning on management/scheduling does not constitute an emergency for you. If you are tired, sick, or unfit to fly then don't.

I agree about the selfish OPF pilot group, but as for junior manning, only you grasshopper allow yourself to be juniored. If you do not want to do the trip, you do not do it. They cannot charge you a sick day on your day off............

A lack of planning on management/scheduling does not constitute an emergency for you. If you are tired, sick, or unfit to fly then don't.

I do not accept the JRMs I was making the point about all the back door deals going on. exp look at the cross dom. flying in Miami. Look at all the guys who have 7 to 10 days of JRM while others junior to them have only 1 day. Trading reserve days at the end of the month for Kix flying at the beginning of the month. My point was our work rules suck because pilots cut side deals with scheduling. Its all about me at this airline the hell with anyone else!

Amen Brother.

That hit the the nail on the head......

sorry if you thought the OPF or Junior manning was directed at you, It was not. I was also pointing out that the selfish pilots at our co. have been screwing us for a long time, and now with age 65 we can look forward to it even longer........

Is ATI still hiring?

The January 2008 class is full to my understanding. There is a rumor they may open up another "window" sometime right after the first of the year.

Your best bet is to check the ATI Company website, every week or so www.airtransport.cc "Careers at ATI" tab.

It's my understanding the jobs will be posted there. Good Luck!!

Latest resources

Back